I did it! I'm cruising solo and it's a doozie!!!!

jamona2311

Omg omg I can't believe I just actually booked my cruise!!!!! I've been wanting to do this since my first cruise. I'm such an obsessive planner it's crazy. Like I think it must be a sickness. I love planning vacations with my family and friends, I really do. Sometimes tho it hard when you're planning and trying to make everyone happy and they all say they trust you. I appreciate this but this time I just have to worry about me!

I guess you can kinda call it a back to back, kinda....I booked the January 31 fascination cruise out of Barbados, a couple of days there post cruise and then fly to Miami for the February 10 Vista cruise....yeah it's nuts but I'm excited!!!! And of course there will be a full trip report with photos to follow. It's been a couple of years and I really missed this!!

Icing on the cake, I will have a birthday at the beginning of the first cruise! 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

So excited for you....loving to travel alone is not anti-social...especially with your enthusiasm...it is just me time when you want it and new people to meet when you want it...and your own deal..sounds fabulous!!

Thanks everyone! Now I gotta start saving!! That's the only good thing about it being so long till I go, hha.

Lucky ducks who have their solos coming up soon.:p:D Please come back and give me any tips you have.

Have you checked out the Solo Cruisers forum under Special Interest Cruises? It is SO full of great tips and solo experiences!

Omg omg I can't believe I just actually booked my cruise!!!!! I've been wanting to do this since my first cruise. I'm such an obsessive planner it's crazy. Like I think it must be a sickness. I love planning vacations with my family and friends, I really do. Sometimes tho it hard when you're planning and trying to make everyone happy and they all say they trust you. I appreciate this but this time I just have to worry about me!

I guess you can kinda call it a back to back, kinda....I booked the January 31 fascination cruise out of Barbados, a couple of days there post cruise and then fly to Miami for the February 10 Vista cruise....yeah it's nuts but I'm excited!!!! And of course there will be a full trip report with photos to follow. It's been a couple of years and I really missed this!!

Icing on the cake, I will have a birthday at the beginning of the first cruise! 😁 😁 😁 😁 😁

Enjoy it.

Ok jamona2311, Your excitement has encouraged me. I'm a 66 year old widow and my husband and I loved cruising. We took our last cruise together Dec. 2014 before he passed in March 2015. We've taken cruises with all the kids and grandkids and just us. I have always been the one who made all the plans and took care of all the paper work. I went with my daughter in April 2016 and we had a great time. But I have been thinking about a solo cruise. It will be cruise #15 for me. I will for sure check out the Solo Cruisers forum. Thanks for posting. And as usual I learned something new on CC. Enjoy your cruise. I will be looking for your review.

I solo cruised the day my divorce became final and it was the absolute best thing I could have done for myself! There is something magical about not

Having to meet or coordinate or worry about anyone else. Enjoy it! You're going to love it!