MTD reservations and traditional seating

ewenix

DW and I booked 3 cabins for a total of 7 people November 2015 for a November 2016 Oasis cruise.

We were told at that time we could not be put in early MDR seating and also that the late seating was full but we would be on the wait list.

I called every 3-4 months to see if we could be moved to the early seating and was always told no, and that it was because the early seating was so overbooked that we couldn't even be put on the wait list.

A few days ago dining opened up on the website and I saw in our reservation that we'd been moved off the late seating wait list to late seating. (8:30pm)

Last night I found that I was able to put book MTD times for our entire group every night in the 6-6:30 range. Today I called C&A and asked to be moved to MTD. I was told by the lady that only one person in the group could be moved but there was not room for our entire party. I found this odd since it shows up in our cruise planner calendar and I have the email confirmations. I told her I'd already made the reservations online and she insisted (twice) that the system wouldn't allow me to do that.

Not being my first time, I said ok hung up and called again. I was told again that MTD was booked up, but this time the guy offered me early seating for the entire group. Based on all previous interactions on that matter it never occurred to me to even ask about that.

Now I think it's probably just a bug and may be because we were on MTD at one time. I'm curious if I left the MTD reservations if there would actually be a table if we showed up at the confirmed time. Is it possible to be assigned a traditional dining time and still book and earlier or later MTD slot? If that's the case then I can see how this could happen.

I would suggest book the early dining for your group them and make copies of the Cruise Planner so you have proof in case of any further glitches on board.

I doubt that your family would be booked into two dining slots at the same time.

Jonathan

Sounds like you are taking the correct approach. Take the early booking and go from there.

I did take the early seating and verified it shows on our booking.

I can still see all the MTD reservations in our calendar. I'm going to

cancel them now that I can see the early seating.

I just find it odd that it even allows me to do that and wondered if anyone else had seen that occur.