Upsell offer

Murphey

I'm posting because people like to know about these. I am leaving Saturday on the Crown for Alaska. I booked an inside guarantee, because 1) we booked rather late and 2) the cheapest bal was $1800. The inside was about $1,000. NO matter, we booked, got our cabin and we get to cruise. This morning I get an upsell offer by email for a balcony + balcony breakfast for $329. Not a screaming deal, but attractive enough to go for it. Alas, at 8 a.m. the offer was gone. Oh well...I'm still leaving Saturday for a cruise :D It also dawned on me that why would Princess ever offer a comp upgrade anymore when we're willing to pay for one!

Edited by Murphey

Wasn't a bad deal at all...too bad it didn't work out for you.

I agree and also wonder why they'd comp something others would pay for. However, if they have "overbooked" the ship (maybe hoping for enough to cancel late so they guarantees could get on??) then some might get lucky to get their guarantee fulfilled in a much better category. That happened to us with a 9 category upgrade at no additional cost.

See you on the Crown this Saturday!!

In 2014 I booked an obstructed oceanview for a 5 day sailing for a ridiculously low price of $253.00.

A few weeks before sailing, they had another massive price-drop and balconies were now $253 as well.

Since I booked directly with Princess at the time, I gave them a call and asked if they could "hook me up".

They gave me a "courtesy upgrade" to a BA balcony.

I'm guessing those days are over, but I've been a faithful customer ever since.

We are on the Emerald Princess repositioning cruise next month and have received two "upsell" offers in the last two weeks, first from our balcony cabin to a mini-suite and then to a full suite. We didn't accept either because the amount they were asking was more than we are willing to pay, and we're satisfied with the balcony cabin we selected when we booked. With Princess getting the amount of upsell $ it isn't likely there will be many free upgrades. From our roll call, those with guarantee bookings haven't received cabin assignments yet so it appears that Princess is trying to squeeze out every $ with upsells before assigning cabins.

We sail tomorrow on Regal for 11-day Baltic cruise and got an upsell offer from a guarantee interior yesterday for a balcony for $229 pp. Jumped on it. Premium balcony. We are happy. The cruise must be way oversold because we got 3 moveover offers as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We sail tomorrow on Regal for 11-day Baltic cruise and got an upsell offer from a guarantee interior yesterday for a balcony for $229 pp. Jumped on it. Premium balcony. We are happy. The cruise must be way oversold because we got 3 moveover offers as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a deal I would have taken! Our cruise is 41 days so expected the upsell would be fairly expensive--they wanted $5600 to move to the suite. We're taking another cruise instead!