Sail & Sign Questions

desilennay

My sister and I will be heading out on our first cruise in October and we are still not quite sure how the Sail & Sign works as far as deposits and activating it. I was just wondering if someone could give us more detail on what to expect.

If it helps we are using a Carnival Credit card. My sister just got it a few weeks ago!

you can input your credit card information during the online check-in process via the web site before sailing.

alternatively, you can register it as a 'cash' account during online check-in, and add the payment information as part of the at-the-port-terminal check-in when you're getting your s&s cards.

further, you can change this at any time at guest services.

in the case of a cash account, you can set that up and make payments / apply gift cards, etc. accordingly at guest services at any time.

My sister and I will be heading out on our first cruise in October and we are still not quite sure how the Sail & Sign works as far as deposits and activating it. I was just wondering if someone could give us more detail on what to expect.

If it helps we are using a Carnival Credit card. My sister just got it a few weeks ago!

Part of the online check in process is setting up your spending account. You (she) can but the card information in and then grant you access to charge on it as well. Additionally you can also setup separate accounts if you choose to use your own card.

The other posters are correct. Cash/Credit, whatever you use to fund you account with is up to you. Once you have funded your account, you will "charge" all of your spending on board the ship using your Sign & Sail card, which is also your room key. All spending (and gratuities, if you haven't pre-paid them) will be automatically charged to your credit card or deducted from your cash deposit.

Here's a thorough explanation, directly from Carnival! :)

Whatever you do, avoid using a debit card. Many people have found themselves in a financial pickle when they return to land and realize carnival has multiple temporary holds on their account over and above what they've spent and it can take 7-10 days for the actual charge to go through and the daily holds to drop off. Either use cash which you can provide at port check-in to the desk agent and can add to via kiosk on the ship or at guest services or use a credit card.

So I will be on my first cruise with my adult aged children next May, so what I understand is all 3 of us can place our own credit card on our own Sail and Sign account?

That is correct. When you do the online check-in there is a place to indicate that they will each be separate.

Congratulations on your first cruise. You do not have to activate it, it is ready to go as soon as they hand it to you when you are ready to board the ship. It functions as your room key and for everything you buy on the ship. As long as you put in the information when you do your on line check in you are ready to go, make sure you have the actual credit card with you when you sail.