balcony price

lolo6223

Is it me or have the balcony prices went up from last year?

We were looking into booking for July 2016 and the prices were around $1600 but our family backed out. Now that we are serious to book for july 2017 the prices are $2000+. What changed?

It's a business so the supply vs. demand factor always enters the picture. The way I see it, the cruise lines either anticipate that more people will want to cruise next year or it's simply wishful thinking on their part. If the bookings aren't there, the prices will drop. With the uneasy climate in many areas in the world and some health concerns (Zika virus, for example) Alaska appears to be an attractive option.

I also found that the prices for this year were higher than I had seen previously. The ship I am sailing (Coral Princess, September 10) sold very quickly and the prices never did drop. We booked an obstructed oceanview, and I kept checking to see whether there were any price drops or possibilities for an upgrade, but it didn't happen.

There are always some deals out there for certain cabin categories on select sailings, but the balconies usually fetch a good price.

We were on a June 1, 2016 cruise. The price of a balcony is worth every penny. They may have gone up, but experiences of a lifetime can not be measured by dollars. Incredible view.

And we felt quite the opposite. We had a balcony (gift, so price was not our concern), and only used it, briefly, once in the 10 day AK cruise. All of our time was spent on the open decks. Next time it will be an oceanview for sure.

We booked early saver rates back in February for our May 2017 Alaskan cruise on the Carnival Legend. The rate for our balcony room on the Legend went down one time a few weeks after we booked. Rates went up quickly after that. Now there are no more balcony rooms left on our deck but on the deck below us, the balcony rooms are almost $800 more than we paid. Sure am glad we booked over a year in advance because with most of the balcony rooms gone, we sure won't be getting any lower rates like we have in the past going to the Caribbean and our cruise is still over 8 months away.