scooters in regular room

beachgirl222

Has anyone traveled in a regular room on Royal Carribean with a mobility scooter? Will the scooter fit through the door? I know the rooms are much smaller than the accessible ones are. I don't mind tight but we have to get it in the room. We have always had accessible rooms in the past but there are none available in October or November. Thinking of the allure or Freedom of the seas.

Has anyone traveled in a regular room on Royal Carribean with a mobility scooter? Will the scooter fit through the door? I know the rooms are much smaller than the accessible ones are. I don't mind tight but we have to get it in the room. We have always had accessible rooms in the past but there are none available in October or November. Thinking of the allure or Freedom of the seas.

Standard cabin doors are 21" wide (clear opening), so if your scooter is narrower than this it will fit, or some can take the armrests off. Generally, you cannot turn a scooter around in a standard cabin, so drive in, back out. There will be precious little room to move around the scooter as well.

Have done so many times. As Chengkp75 posted the scooter has to be less than 21" to fit through the doorway. Additionally the arm rests have to be adjusted to a width less than 21" or removed completely.

Allure - With the exception of Jr. Suites and above all standard cabins have an alternating configuration. Meaning one has the bed closest to closets when entering the cabin leaving no room for a scooter to get past the bed and the next has the bed closest to the farthest wall /window/balcony thereby having making it easier for the scooter to enter the cabin. The trick is to figure out which cabin has which configuration as it's no denoted on the Allure Deck Plans. Same applies to the Oasis and Harmony. Freedom does not have this issue.

The scooter MUST be stored in the cabin at all times when not in use regardless of what the room attendant tells you as it violates SOLAS ( Safety of Life at Seas ) Regulations as well as RCCL's regulations regardless of what the cabin attendant tells you. Following was copied directly from RCCL's website:

Assistive devices including mobility scooters must be stored and recharged in your stateroom so fire doors, corridors and elevator lobbies are kept clear for emergency evacuation. When parked throughout the ship, they must be parked out of the way to allow safe and easy access by other guests and crewmembers.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I have a Pride go go travel elite (19.1) inches wide and have never had any problems getting through the cabin door. Some ships I have been on it has been a bit difficult finding somewhere to park the scooter in the cabin, but we have always managed ok. I have sailed on Independence and Explorer of the seas in a superior balcony cabin and there was plenty on room to park the scooter in front of the sofa, on the Anthem it was so easy to get into the cabin and loads of room to park up.

Edited by Scooter girl 58