What is 2.0? And how has food changed?

newt98

Forgive me for not doing my own research, but everything I do is from a phone now, and this site is not as friendly as when I used my pc. I haven't cruised in probably 5 or 6 years now. I have taken 4 or 5 cruises total, 4 carnival, 1 princess. Do most ships still have the 24 hour pizza? Deli? Burger and hot dog grille? I have seen some of guys buffer joint posts, and the iguana. But I don't really know what that's about. Are these places free like the past grilles? Looking for a little help on what has changed in the past 6 years, any help is appreciated, thank you.

Guys burger joint, blue iguana and red pub are free with Carnival cruise lines. The pizza place on all Carnival cruise line ships are 24 hours. I'll have to look at my fun times at the grill and deli. I believe the deli closes at 11 or 11:30pm

Guys & Blue Iguana cantina have limited hours, much more limited than the old grille was. Guys burgers is what replaced the grille, and while the grille had burgers in addition to many other things, Guys has burgers only. On ships with the Red Frog Pub (not the Red Frog bar), the food at the Pub is not free. On ships with the Cucina del Capitano, the lunch is free, but the dinner is an extra charge. (Dream only has the free lunch, but no dinner.)

Dinner in the dining room is definitely going more & more casual, which doesn't bother everyone. Casual in dress & in ambiance. No more tablecloths on most nights, which has caused plenty of humorous arguments on these boards. The new menus have removed many options, and the size of portions are smaller, and many people feel the quality is worse.

There are some new extra-pay things that keep coming out, plus the new Vista ship has spots that are exclusive to certain room types. So basically, Carnival is moving slowly but surely towards the strategy of charging extra for everything. Some people don't care, as they don't use those things and would rather have a lower starting cruise fare. Others are bothered by it, because it's not the way cruising operated when they fell in love with cruising. Many people realize that other cruiselines are doing the same thing, and are much further along in this regard than Carnival.

In regards to "2.0", just ignore that number entirely. It's only a number. It's a gimmick that Carnival used to stir up interest, which actually worked. But it really doesn't matter whether a new thing has a "2.0" slapped on it or not. All that matters is what the new things are, whether you would like it, and if you will miss what was removed to make room for it.

Waterworks is also part of 2.0 - while all ships had water slides, 2.0 added newer styles of water slide, such as racing slides. Slide configuration varies from ship to ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk