What was your best freebie bathroom amenity?

tallyho8

I usually used the things in that shell, except the nasal strips!

One time I got some packets of a vitamin C tablet that you dissolved in water. One morning when I was feeling a tad hungover, I put one in a glass of water and drank it, and immediately felt better!:D I think it was the sugar!

But that was quite a few years ago. I have reached an age where I no longer ever get hungover:o Cant handle it like I used to. Probably a good thing.

But I looked for those vit c things and could never find them here in Canada:(

Emergen-C! That was in my very first "freebies bowl", on Inspiration back in 2005.:)

free-sample-emergen-c-vitamin-mix.jpg

I'm a compulsive reader and one time before Kindles became available' date=' I ran out of reading material and there was a short story in the clam shell that are ended up reading.[/quote']

A short story? Like, a book? Wow, that's cool!:) I've never heard of anything like that being in the seashell bowl.

Emergen-C! That was in my very first "freebies bowl", on Inspiration back in 2005.:)

free-sample-emergen-c-vitamin-mix.jpg

YES! That was it! And as I remember it was an emergen C! that morning:D

I think it was probably my 2004, Triumph, or 2007, Valor cruise:)

Well, now you've done it, Tallyho, thanks a lot!:mad: This thread of yours got me thinking about how it would be nice to have my "cruise lotion" back again, so I just dropped $18 for an 18 oz bottle of it on eBay (the only place I could find it since it has apparently been discontinued). A dollar an ounce for el-cheapo quality lotion!:eek: I hope you're satisfied.:mad:

:p

Well, next cruise we are on together I will buy you a drink of the day to make up for it. (if you can find me)

Well, next cruise we are on together I will buy you a drink of the day to make up for it. (if you can find me)

Deal.:cool: And I'll share my crazy-expensive cheap lotion with you.:p I shouldn't have any trouble spotting you - you'll be the paint with the blaze, right?

Deal.:cool: And I'll share my crazy-expensive cheap lotion with you.:p I shouldn't have any trouble spotting you - you'll be the paint with the blaze, right?

That's me, and did I tell you that my favorite event on the ship is when they have the horse race?

Surprising as it may be, it seems that nasal strips weren't anybody's favourite. Nasal strips can't get no love.:(

:p

I had a couple of these in the "free" box at my garage sale, unopened. No takers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually used the things in that shell, except the nasal strips!

One time I got some packets of a vitamin C tablet that you dissolved in water. One morning when I was feeling a tad hungover, I put one in a glass of water and drank it, and immediately felt better!:D I think it was the sugar!

But that was quite a few years ago. I have reached an age where I no longer ever get hungover:o Cant handle it like I used to. Probably a good thing.

But I looked for those vit c things and could never find them here in Canada:(

Emergen-C. If you can't find them there, you can buy them online. They come in all sorts of flavors and added vitamins and minerals now. Quite popular...

They couldn't have cost Carnival anything- weren't they just samples/advertisements? I wonder why they were discontinued.

They cost Carnival valuable storage space. It's unlikely Carnival made any profit, that's probably why it was cut.

I received some tooth paste, lotion, and nasal strips on my first cruise. Nothing since. Kind of a bummer, but I don't mind. I still use the free shampoo and body wash in the shower. It might take a lot to foam up, but it doesn't smell bad and it lets me pack two less items!

I loved the razor and mouthwash and toothpaste products. I remember the razor could have additional blades purchased for it and used it quite a while..and it had the next number of blades..lol went to the triple..wow...

I have saved money just using all the soap and shampoo I have saved over the years...and had a longer stay in Oregon in 2014 to add to my supply...

I like remembering the trips and scents of each stay...one of those sweet things.

My grandfather used to joke about the travels they were so fortunate to have...especially in Europe for them..and your arm falling off with the weight of the extra shampoo, lotion and all that "stupid" stationery...lol.

Edited by sjn911