What was your best freebie bathroom amenity?

tallyho8

I do miss the free samples we used to get in the bathroom, but I like still getting the Coke samples that are in the little refrigerator.

Coke samples? Wish my cabin refrigerators had free coke samples. (rum samples too) :D

My hands smell like a cruise!:D (my expensive cheap lotion just arrived:p) I'm going to put some of this stuff into a travel size squeeze bottle and take it with me on my cruise next month, so my 7th Pride cruise can smell like my first.:p

We are remodeling DH's bathroom, and so all the stuff from his bathroom cabinet is sitting in a heap in our bedroom. Walking past that heap last night, I happened to look down and see 3 Schick Hydro 5 razors (all from Carnival cruise freebie bowls), still in their packaging.:rolleyes: Thought of this thread and laughed.:p

My hands smell like a cruise!:D (my expensive cheap lotion just arrived:p) I'm going to put some of this stuff into a travel size squeeze bottle and take it with me on my cruise next month, so my 7th Pride cruise can smell like my first.:p

We are remodeling DH's bathroom, and so all the stuff from his bathroom cabinet is sitting in a heap in our bedroom. Walking past that heap last night, I happened to look down and see 3 Schick Hydro 5 razors (all from Carnival cruise freebie bowls), still in their packaging.:rolleyes: Thought of this thread and laughed.:p

You re-found the free mother lode!!:D

Had some teeth-whitening stuff of some sort on one cruise. DH and I both used it on a couple of the days before dinner.

Not sure if it actually worked, but I was feeling like a celebrity that night :p (not trying to cross this over into the "celebrity" thread, lol) :D:D:D:D

I also loved the razors however, I am marked for life. I was shaving my legs in the shower and the ship listed big time. I gouged my leg with the razor and basically cut out one of the eyes of the fairy tatoo on my leg. I bled like a son of a gun and embarassingly left a heap of fluffy white towels that I used to wipe up the blood and wrap around my calf to stop the bleeding. (tjhe gouge was quite deep) Darn razor was seriously sharp. True story.

I'm not sure what my favorite sample was but I can remember the feeling of sadness when the samples were long gone but I noticed the empty clamshell stashed under the counter behind some other supplies. It was quite a while after the samples went bye-bye too. It wasn't so much a dollar worth of random stuff, but the surprise factor I think :)

The talk about he lotion scent bringing you back to the cruise made me think of this, lol... On one of our cruises we brought a bottle of "party pooper", which we now bring religiously on every cruise. We also use it in our home. We have always bought the same scent, so even now, whenever someone uses it - I think if being on a cruise ;)

I just handed a cruise sample pack of breathe right strips out my bedroom door to my 9yo last night because he had a stuffy nose. They kind of fall to the bottom of the drawer because my hubby uses them from the store bought box rather than wrestle the plastic sample opened ? My kids figured out that these things really help when you are stuffy - so we go through plenty of them now.

In the clamshell years back there was a sample of Maybelline lipstick and a coupon for $2.00 off a full size. It was the perfect color for me. I used it up, and used the coupon to buy a full size tube and kept buying it until they discontinued the color. Bummer as I haven't found a color I like as well in any brand.