Kids talent show

koopmanclan

• 1 year later...
I remember being in Camp Carnival in the 90s and I was a part of the talent show. One year I performed a speech and another year me and a couple of friends danced and lip synced to Say You'll Be There by the Spice Girls.

Memories.......

I love this! I think we could have been friends a few decades ago. I'm certain there's video of my sister and I singing that song somewhere too :')

Not really a kid's talent show, but a couple weeks ago on the Glory, during the final Lip Sync Battle, they brought all of the kids from all of the age groups up on stage to perform a skit that they evidently had worked on throughout the cruise. We walked by Camp Ocean one night and saw them painting signs. Turns out, those were for this performance. They performed between the two Lip Sync Battles while the contestants were backstage changing. Each age group performed their part with some of the Playlist performers and their Carnival hosts. Afterwards, they were turned loose on stage to dance on their own. It was fantastic! Some of them really stole the show. :)

I went to the lip sync battle on our cruise in May. I encouraged my children to attend the lip sync battle and preform with the kids club group. I am so glad they refused (they would rather stay in kids club) because the two people doing the lip sync battle were very inappropriate for children. Every cruise lip sync battle is different, but I don’t think I’ll be encouraging my kids to come again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not really a kid's talent show, but a couple weeks ago on the Glory, during the final Lip Sync Battle, they brought all of the kids from all of the age groups up on stage to perform a skit that they evidently had worked on throughout the cruise. We walked by Camp Ocean one night and saw them painting signs. Turns out, those were for this performance. They performed between the two Lip Sync Battles while the contestants were backstage changing. Each age group performed their part with some of the Playlist performers and their Carnival hosts. Afterwards, they were turned loose on stage to dance on their own. It was fantastic! Some of them really stole the show. :)

Our grandchildren on the Conquest a few months ago did the skit on that Lip Sync battle night. There were so many kids that, while they all "participated", there were only one or two they featured and that dominated the show (they were really good however). But it was a nice ending to the cruise for the kids and the parents that attended regardless.

Edited by joepeka

I went to the lip sync battle on our cruise in May. I encouraged my children to attend the lip sync battle and preform with the kids club group. I am so glad they refused (they would rather stay in kids club) because the two people doing the lip sync battle were very inappropriate for children. Every cruise lip sync battle is different, but I don’t think I’ll be encouraging my kids to come again.
They don't rate it as R or 18+ so Carnival probably ensures that the songs that they lip sync to are family friendly, but I guess they don't coach the contestants to keep is PG (or at least PG-13). Or maybe they do and the contestants don't always follow the rules. As we all know, there are plenty on board who have trouble with rules.

Our grandchildren on the Conquest a few months ago did the skit on that Lip Sync battle night. There were so many kids that, while they all "participated", there were only one or two they featured and that dominated the show (they were really good however). But it was a nice ending to the cruise for the kids and the parents that attended regardless.
The one we saw, none of them were really featured at all. They played a few songs, the kids danced and held up signs. Sometimes each kid's sign corresponded to a particular part of the song. For the most part, they were lined up in a single line, so none were pushed out of sight, but some were just shy and didn't want to be involved too much. Others weren't shy at all and were clearly comfortable being in the spotlight. From what I saw, the Playlist performers and kid's club hosts did a good job trying to get them all to have a good time. As kids, I think most were just excited to be up on stage, even if they weren't the "stars" of the show.

I love this! I think we could have been friends a few decades ago. I'm certain there's video of my sister and I singing that song somewhere too :')

Any Spice Girl fan is a friend of mine! I hear they might be touring. But, then again, this has been a reoccurring theme with them. I'll believe it when I see tour dates and ticket sales. and when I do, I'm buying a first row, back stage, meet and greet pass! This will be an opportunity I will not let pass lol

All of your Lip-Sync Battle stories are awesome, but this is not what the OP was referring to.

OP, being 29, I haven't been in Camp Carnival or Club O2 in a long while. When I was last in Club O2, I can assure you, there wasn't a talent show. But that could have been just because it was older kids. I have no idea if they still do the talent show for the kiddos. Maybe there is a Camp Carnival "Fun Times" floating around the internet that you can search for?

All of your Lip-Sync Battle stories are awesome, but this is not what the OP was referring to.

OP, being 29, I haven't been in Camp Carnival or Club O2 in a long while. When I was last in Club O2, I can assure you, there wasn't a talent show. But that could have been just because it was older kids. I have no idea if they still do the talent show for the kiddos. Maybe there is a Camp Carnival "Fun Times" floating around the internet that you can search for?

The references to the Lip Sync Battle were because the only public show the kids from Camp Ocean and the other programs do is during the break between the semi-final and final performances of the Lip Sync Battle. You're correct there is no talent show, just a group performance by all the kid program participants during that Lip Sync show break.

Any Spice Girl fan is a friend of mine! I hear they might be touring. But, then again, this has been a reoccurring theme with them. I'll believe it when I see tour dates and ticket sales. and when I do, I'm buying a first row, back stage, meet and greet pass! This will be an opportunity I will not let pass lol
Don't know if you watch it, but Mel B (Scary Spice) is one of the judges on America's Got Talent. Anytime anyone brings up anything to do with Spice Girls, she gets frustrated and seems like she wants nothing to do with that part of her life anymore.

I understand that, but like joepeka said, since there isn't a kids' talent show on board, I thought I'd toss that out there to the OP as something their kids might be interested in as an alternative. :)

Don't know if you watch it, but Mel B (Scary Spice) is one of the judges on America's Got Talent. Anytime anyone brings up anything to do with Spice Girls, she gets frustrated and seems like she wants nothing to do with that part of her life anymore.

I understand that, but like joepeka said, since there isn't a kids' talent show on board, I thought I'd toss that out there to the OP as something their kids might be interested in as an alternative. :)

No I don't watch it. But, that could be part of the reason they have not yet decided on a tour or not. I hope she does it! *Wishful thinking*