Is beer ordered ahead delivered cold?

sturderick

Thank you. Is it there when you check in or do you have to call for it?

Every time I have ordered it, it was in the room when I got there. That was either FTTF or platinum where I went straight to the room. YMMV

I was wondering the same thing so thanks for the info. I ordered 4 beers and a bottle of wine for my DD and her fiancé...newlyweds on the cruise. However, they are on the Breeze and it did say that it could only be delivered starting the second day because of the issue with Texas/liquor. They have Cheers but it also doesn't start till the second day either. Just thought they could enjoy a glass of wine or beer on their balcony in the evenings. Also, it allows you to select what day and time (morning or evening) etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by trihawks1

But ice has become a new problem on Carnival. Some stewards are more than happy to bring you ice ,while others tell you to call room service. I ask or call once if it's not there when I return to my cabin ,I make a trip to lido and request a bucket of ice for my hot beer /wine. Some people will take the beer to the bar and trade for cold ones.

If you order beer or white wine online ahead of time, is it delivered to your room cold? Is it there when you check in?

I always order some Miller Lites precruise for my hubby. They have always been there when we arrive. They are warm. We always bring a small 12 x 12 cooler on board. The first day my hubby goes to the lido bar and ices them up. Then he enjoys them on our aft balcony while I do the unpacking. We use the cooler for keeping waters, sodas, beers ice cold. The room steward ices the cooler morning and night. It keeps our drinks ice cold. The fridges don't get real cold. If he orders a bucket of beer at the lido bar, they put them right in the cooler and fill it with ice.

Edited by JennyD1

• 2 weeks later...

when you order thru the Bon Voyage ahead of time, you select which day and either am or pm. It comes warm but ask your room steward for a bucket of ice and they will grab it for you. We have already ordered 6 different 4 packs to be delivered on different days of our cruise. We take a soft sided cooler to set on the counter and the room steward keeps it filled with ice for the duration of the cruise. :)

I've ordered Bud Light and 12-pack of water in the past.

Beer was there, at room temperature both times. The last cruise the water wasn't delivered though until later in the evening? Don't have a clue why.

But yeah, back to your question, beer arrives at room temp. Either get ice from room steward and enjoy later, or exchange for cold ones at the bar, as others have said.

If you order 4 Coors Light online before you board it is $24. Isn't that the cheaper way to go since you won't have to pay the 15% gratuity??

Do the math. $6 per bottle per-ordered. I do not remember paying that much for a beer on the ship. I think generally around $4 +15%.

I have been traveling more on Princess. I pre buy beer 6 for $20-22 per bucket. Much cheaper to have in the cabin.

Do the math. $6 per bottle per-ordered. I do not remember paying that much for a beer on the ship. I think generally around $4 +15%.

I have been traveling more on Princess. I pre buy beer 6 for $20-22 per bucket. Much cheaper to have in the cabin.

Beer is much higher than $4 on a Carnival Ship. Domestics are 5.75

Beer is much higher than $4 on a Carnival Ship. Domestics are 5.75

Yes thanks. I just found their bar menu. That was a surprise. I am going on a short cruise in October but have not been on Carnival in about four years. I guess that is why I have never drank on Carnival much.

On Princess I normally per buy two six packs for the cabin and a soda card that cost $6. The soda card gave me virgin drinks for free.