Couldn't stand not having something booked

originalgeek

So now I do. :D

Nice long weekend before my birthday.

The funniest part is it is none of the things I was thinking of doing:

Not the Magic or the Sunshine

Not with our daughter or our son and his kids

Not more than 5 days - only 3.

Not getting FTTF...not planning any excursions and no tender and I got all my n00b dumb questions for guest services out of the way last time.

But it will be 3 days I can eat and drink and have a shiny new color on my S&S and not have to drive.

I might just crush candy by the pool until supper time every day. And we'll be back in plenty of time to get my fantasy football lineup set for that weekend so I don't even have to buy Internet.

Is there a reliable cigar shop in Nassau? Not for Cubans - just a nice cigar.

Edited by originalgeek

Have an amazing time. I only wish we lived close enough to port to be able to take off for a long weekend now and then.

Thanks! I wish I had known we liked cruising so much so we could have been doing it the last 30 years. I expect this will be a bit different than our last one. Can't wait for something new!

Not getting FTTF...not planning any excursions and no tender and I got all my n00b dumb questions for guest services out of the way last time.

But it will be 3 days I can eat and drink and have a shiny new color on my S&S and not have to drive.

I might just crush candy by the pool until supper time every day. And we'll be back in plenty of time to get my fantasy football lineup set for that weekend so I don't even have to buy Internet.

There used to be a walk-in humidor in the John Bull department store, but that was gone three years ago. There's a great cigar shop in Atlantis, but it's expensive! Stroll over to the Graycliff Hotel, they have a cigar factory where you can chat to the folks rolling cigars. I bought a few there the last time and they were very good.

I'm the same - not too sad at the end of one cruise if I have another one booked.

I hope you have an awesome time!

Thank you! Until we got home from first cruise I had no idea how powerful the hankering was to be planning and anticipating the next cruise. Even just browsing through cruises wasn't enough to fill that void where a booked cruise ought be. Mock bookings were just a tease lol.

There used to be a walk-in humidor in the John Bull department store, but that was gone three years ago. There's a great cigar shop in Atlantis, but it's expensive! Stroll over to the Graycliff Hotel, they have a cigar factory where you can chat to the folks rolling cigars. I bought a few there the last time and they were very good.

Perfect! Thanks, I saw that place on the Carnival excursions page and was wondering if you could just go there. I think that will be a nice stop before I get to the pirate beer brewery and the rum place.

I know the struggle is real.

I have two booked for November (B2B on the Breeze), one in February(14 day Pride) and one for September of 2017 ( Alaska 7 day). So in the next 13 months 35 days at sea.

Hubby says don't even look at the offers until something into 2018. LOL

Like you if I had know how much I enjoyed cruising I would have started sooner. That said we were busy with kids and paying off mortgages. We still haven't retired but have managed to position ourselves to enjoy this time of our life.

I know the struggle is real.

I have two booked for November (B2B on the Breeze), one in February(14 day Pride) and one for September of 2017 ( Alaska 7 day). So in the next 13 months 35 days at sea.

Hubby says don't even look at the offers until something into 2018. LOL

Like you if I had know how much I enjoyed cruising I would have started sooner. That said we were busy with kids and paying off mortgages. We still haven't retired but have managed to position ourselves to enjoy this time of our life.

Lol but the key word is "until" meaning you get to start looking again eventually. Yeah our youngest is now 26 so it's us time now. Gotta make up for the years of going nowhere. Our oldest is the one who showed us how much fun cruising could be. He pestered us until we finally went with him and grandkids on a Bahama Celebration cruise 3 years years ago and kicked ourselves for not going sooner.

Perfect! Thanks, I saw that place on the Carnival excursions page and was wondering if you could just go there. I think that will be a nice stop before I get to the pirate beer brewery and the rum place.

Yes, it was an easy walk to Watlings and then to Graycliff...my wife isn't much of a walker and she did just fine. We did take a cab to Paradise Island, though.

Yes, it was an easy walk to Watlings and then to Graycliff...my wife isn't much of a walker and she did just fine. We did take a cab to Paradise Island, though.

Lol neither of us are big on the walking. Another excuse to cruise! We got more exercise during our last cruise than the whole year before.

Maybe I can get doc to prescribe cruises for our health.

But if there's a clear reward at the end, I can walk a fair bit. Beer, rum and cigars qualify!

+1 on Graycliff. We toured the place a couple weeks ago. They roll the cigars (various types) right there. Drying room, gift shop, etc... I don't know much (actually anything) about cigars however, If you like cigars, I'm told they are excellent. Enjoy!

+1 on Graycliff. We toured the place a couple weeks ago. They roll the cigars (various types) right there. Drying room, gift shop, etc... I don't know much (actually anything) about cigars however, If you like cigars, I'm told they are excellent. Enjoy!

I smoke maybe 3 or 4 a year so I'm no expert...but I enjoy them so the more experiences with them the better!

Congratulations...I know the feeling hate not having a cruise countdown to look forward to.

Cheers and enjoy the cruise.

Ha yeah, I got to add a new cruise to the HUB app, added one to Shipmate and have a new flag on "manage my cruise" at ccl plus new sig counter here at cc. Life just feels better when counting down to a cruise lol.

Have a great time.