If you'd like to see LUGGAGE VALET RETURN

ME Guide

We just sent an email to Celebrity asking them to re-instate the valet program. We travel in a handicap accessible cabin for my husband and having to deal with luggage and him in a wheel chair getting off the ship at the port and airport is a real challenge.
I am surprised to see this because we get the best treatment when we travel with a family member who uses a wheelchair. We don't have to "deal with luggage" at all when we travel with him.

The porters at the cruise terminal pick up our luggage, load it on a cart, and take it all the way out to the taxi or bus for us.

We are treated like royalty and taken up to the head of the lines.

At the airport, the skycaps come right over to our taxi or bus, pick up the luggage and check it in for us.

We don't need to lift a finger, or even push his wheelchair because they provide wheelchair pushers at the cruise ports and at the airports.

When you fill out the disembarkation form, it is a good idea to add a notation stating that you will need wheelchair assistance that day, reminding them to provide it.

Then also mention it to your stateroom attendant or butler (or Guest Relations) near the end of the cruise.

Edited by varoo

• 4 weeks later...

This was my response from Celebrity:

Dear Ms. Wookey:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to respond to you as quickly as we had hoped. I am happy to have this opportunity to reply to you in writing.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our cruise line’s recent discontinuation of the Luggage Valet program. I am very sorry for the disappointment this has caused, as I understand you had hoped to make use of the service in the future. Kindly note that this was a carefully made business decision that stemmed from the program’s logistical challenges and limited popularity. Although there are no current plans to reinstate this luggage service, some airports and other independent companies do offer similar transport options. As such, I recommend pursuing one of those options should you desire such assistance.

Ms. Wookey, again thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you back aboard this December for a taste of Modern Luxury.

Sincerely,

Kara Frank

Celebrity Cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Ms. W for sharing the message from X about luggage valet. We loved the service and sure wish it would be an option. Until then, we can hope and plan to keep packing "light" (lol) and deal with our own luggage.

Safe travels everyone.

This was my response from Celebrity:

Dear Ms. Wookey:

Thank you for contacting Celebrity Cruises. Please accept our apologies that we were unable to respond to you as quickly as we had hoped. I am happy to have this opportunity to reply to you in writing.

Thank you for your feedback regarding our cruise line’s recent discontinuation of the Luggage Valet program. I am very sorry for the disappointment this has caused, as I understand you had hoped to make use of the service in the future. Kindly note that this was a carefully made business decision that stemmed from the program’s logistical challenges and limited popularity. Although there are no current plans to reinstate this luggage service, some airports and other independent companies do offer similar transport options. As such, I recommend pursuing one of those options should you desire such assistance.

Ms. Wookey, again thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you back aboard this December for a taste of Modern Luxury.

Sincerely,

Kara Frank

Celebrity Cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know of a service that does take care of your luggage to airport?