Specialty Dining reservations

Nanookz

We 3 groups going on our cruise and we were going to book a specialty restaurant. When I go online it asks how many is in our party. If I say the total of the 3 groups it wants to charge me for all the people. If I have all 3 groups book can we get at the same table?

How does this work.?

thanks

There are two flavors of specialty restaurants: fixed price and a la carte. Since it's trying to charge you at time of booking, I assume you're trying to book a fixed price (Moderno, Teppanyaki).

I'm assuming nobody in the group has a specialty dining package?

You can book a table of 10 if nine is not avail, then have the two other parties reimburse you. We've done this when traveling in large groups. If u need to book 10 because 9 isn't avail, just tell them when you show up to the venue and they'll credit you back for the 1.

Alternatively, each room can make their own reservation around the time you want. Then you can stop by the venue earlier in the day to have them combine the 3 ressies. We've done this as well. If you're booking ALL reservations together, you can call the ressie number once on board, and have them link the ressies for all 3 rooms for all reserved meals.

Edit: I was thinking you had 9 total for whatever reason. Point being, if you have an odd number, just book for one more if that's all that's avail and they'll fix it on board.

Edited by TheDougOut

If you have purchased the SDP then you should be able to book without it charging you ahead of time. I did this on the Pearl when we had a group of 9. I booked all reservations it would let me. Some nights it wouldn't accept our party of 9, some evenings we had 8 and 7. But I did them all under my reservation.

Thanks for the great responses. We will book the reservations separately and then stop by the restaurant the day of and have them put the reservations together. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk