Allure of the Seas Cabin Light Controls

orthocruzer

My MIL of blessed memory once showed me an ad for Kosherific cruises and asked me to see what the pricing was (she figured it would be much more than if you booked the same cruise outside of this group). Yes, much higher. Much of the special pricing was to cover the activities, including the entertainment. She said if she ever took a cruise, she doesn't need the special activities and would just eat vegetarian. Unfortunately she never got the chance to try a cruise.

I would guess the toilet issue would go under the heading of "health and safety" which often leads to allowing for exceptions (from my reading of the books my hubby's uncle gave us for a wedding gift. for example, those with serious illnesses, babies, and for the most part, elderly are exempted from fasting at times such as Yom Kippur).

IMO, if one prepares for Shabbos by unscrewing the light in the fridge, using shaded lights and/or timers, pre-tearing TP then a regular cruise might not be the best way to travel.

The Kosher tour operators take over entire galleys, have Mashgiach, bring on all new plates etc, and have figured out all the intricacies of travel, including Holydays (Shabbos, Passover), lights and toilets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN