Anthem deck 7 white post blocking balcony

Can anyone who has been in one of the balcony rooms on deck 7 of the anthem provide a room #. These rooms are listed as unobstructed . I have 3 side by side d8s booked (7184,7186,7188) and I'm trying to figure out if any of them will have these posts blocking our view. Do the posts generally come up from the middle of the lifeboats below or from the sides? I'll attach deck plan photos below. On the left if deck 5 with the lifeboats and right is deck 7. 420221ce28f603a9f89b12524af71467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure how much help this will be, and I've done similar "arrows" countless dozens upon dozens of times on another forum when Royal Princess was still brand new (so I'm pretty darned good at it ;)), but I took the best port side image that I could find and pointed out your three cabins in relation to the lifeboat davits. These davits ("white posts", as you have referred to them) are on both ends of each lifeboat, and appear to extend upwards to the top of Deck 6 (or the bottom of the balconies on Deck 7) and should not obstruct your view in any way other than looking straight down. :D

28544260404_449000515b_o.jpg

(Photo credit José Ricardo Rodriguez Montero)

Edited by dmwnc1959

I'm not sure how much help this will be, and I've done similar "arrows" countless dozens upon dozens of times on another forum when Royal Princess was still brand new (so I'm pretty darned good at it ;)), but I took the best port side image that I could find and pointed out your three cabins in relation to the lifeboat davits. These davits ("white posts", as you have referred to them) are on both ends of each lifeboat, and appear to extend upwards to the top of Deck 6 (or the bottom of the balconies on Deck 7) and should not obstruct your view in any way other than looking straight down. :D

28544260404_449000515b_o.jpg

(Photo credit José Ricardo Rodriguez Montero)

That is very helpful. Thank you !!

Can anyone who has been in one of the balcony rooms on deck 7 of the anthem provide a room #. These rooms are listed as unobstructed . I have 3 side by side d8s booked (7184,7186,7188) and I'm trying to figure out if any of them will have these posts blocking our view. Do the posts generally come up from the middle of the lifeboats below or from the sides? I'll attach deck plan photos below. On the left if deck 5 with the lifeboats and right is deck 7.

Hey--I was the OP on that other thread and I answered your question there and gave you the cabin #--it was 7616. And the what dmwnc1959 said was, with respect, not true. While sitting on the balcony, the davits/posts are right in front of you. If standing, you can see over them. If someone can tell me how to post a picture (in simple terms--I'm technologically impaired!), I will do put one up you so can see for yourself.

Hey--I was the OP on that other thread and I answered your question there and gave you the cabin #--it was 7616. And the what dmwnc1959 said was, with respect, not true. While sitting on the balcony, the davits/posts are right in front of you. If standing, you can see over them. If someone can tell me how to post a picture (in simple terms--I'm technologically impaired!), I will do put one up you so can see for yourself.

To post a picture there is a little icon at the bottom on the reply window. You click on that and it will allow you to choose the picture you want. I'll post a picture it's the icon in the middle. I'm on a phone so it might be slightly different on a Computer but it should be pretty similar. 0890dfd62d1ae4d36878524f0199aec1.jpg

To post a picture there is a little icon at the bottom on the reply window. You click on that and it will allow you to choose the picture you want. I'll post a picture it's the icon in the middle. I'm on a phone so it might be slightly different on a Computer but it should be pretty similar.

I tried to upload using the directions below the reply box for 'managing attachments' and I think it worked. The photos are small, but you can click on them to enlarge the size. One shot was taken while sitting on the balcony; that's the view you have when sitting down and looking straight out. (you can see the arm of the chair where I was sitting) The other is what you see when you're standing inside the cabin looking out. As you can see, while these posts don't totally block the view, they do impair it. (if you're standing on the balcony, up against the railing, then you will see over the posts)

Hope this helps to clarify. And thanks for helping me to learn how to post photos--a new skill obtained!! (assuming it looks like it does in the preview I'm seeing....)

973380824_SANY1214(400x300).jpg.bd04c683e8173bc5afe9f2bca5238f46.jpg

1804019175_SANY1216(400x300).jpg.e28ab1a24316dbc7fbeda7c59b9479fd.jpg

This post really makes me nervous. We have a cabin midship on deck 7. It;s a Holiday cruise so it cost us pretty penny. I would be furious if our cabin looked like in the pictures MsK64 posted.We specifically chose the UNobstructed cabin.

My calls to the CS were useless as usual. The reps kept saying the cabin is unobstructed but now I know better.

Thank you for warning.

This post really makes me nervous. We have a cabin midship on deck 7. It;s a Holiday cruise so it cost us pretty penny. I would be furious if our cabin looked like in the pictures MsK64 posted.We specifically chose the UNobstructed cabin.

My calls to the CS were useless as usual. The reps kept saying the cabin is unobstructed but now I know better.

Thank you for warning.

NP--happy to help. That's what CC is for. I do want to say, that there is a good chance your cabin may NOT be obstructed in this way. The posts are on either end of the lifeboats, holding them up, so any cabin over the lifeboat itself would not be obstructed. (Except for looking down at a deck with lifeboats) By my rough calculation, the lifeboats run about 3 to 4 cabins wide so that's how many would not be obstructed, but that's just a guess. I don't know how to figure out the pattern, and obviously RCI reps are no help. The only thing I'm fairly confident of, is that the cabin or 2 on either side of me (7616) would be unobstructed, since I was the lucky winner of the 'post lottery'.

I hope it works out for you. If not, go to Guest Services and complain. (read my cruise review in another thread for help in who to talk to, just in case)

And even with the posts, I still managed to enjoy the cruise--what other choice is there but to make the best of a bad situation?

The website for travel agents to book shows stateroom 7616 as no obstruction. Those of you who have booked cabins that were sold as unobstructed and actually had an obstruction should write letters to RCCL. There is a category DO that these staterooms should be recategorized to and change can only happen with some organized advocacy. There is no "partial" obstruction category on this ship.

With that said. from Msk64's photo, the obstruction looks quite minimal, nothing that should bother most people's view. I think it's more the principal of not getting what you believe you paid for...that would make people unhappy customers.

The website for travel agents to book shows stateroom 7616 as no obstruction. Those of you who have booked cabins that were sold as unobstructed and actually had an obstruction should write letters to RCCL. There is a category DO that these staterooms should be recategorized to and change can only happen with some organized advocacy. There is no "partial" obstruction category on this ship.

With that said. from Msk64's photo, the obstruction looks quite minimal, nothing that should bother most people's view. I think it's more the principal of not getting what you believe you paid for...that would make people unhappy customers.

I guess 'minimal' is in the eye of the beholder. As the person sitting on that balcony every day, seeing those posts right in my line of vision and obscuring my view of the ocean--even partially--, that I had paid extra for, did not seem so minimal. But otherwise, I agree with your post. It's clear they need to create a 'partially obstructed' category. I've already written to RCI outlining my experience and requesting just that, though I don't hold out much hope that they will suddenly switch gears, unless they get a deluge of complaints.

I'm in 7288, hopefully no boats in my view!!! Anyone have any idea?!

I don't know anything about your specific cabin, but based on my own experience here's my advice: call RCI and ask if your cabin is located BETWEEN lifeboats. (Don't ask if it's obstructed; they'll just say no) If it is between lifeboats, then it WILL have the same posts sticking up that mine did. Switch to one over a lifeboat or go a deck higher.

If it's OVER a lifeboat, you should be ok. You won't be able to see straight down to the ocean (because there's a lifeboat and a deck below your balcony) but you can see straight out without a problem.

Call RCI more than once and get the names of whomever you speak to, just in case the information you get is wrong; you can use it to back up your story if you go to guest services.

Good Luck, and enjoy your cruise.