Conquest Dining?

mufc99

Now I dont want to come across too dumb, but what are the main free dining options on the Conquest.

We have done NCL Hawaii and basically there was a very good buffet open for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

At night we also had 2 other good restaurants with set menus and waiter service.

Is this similar to what is available on the Conquest?

There is a breakfast/lunch/dinner buffet on Lido, Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina (breakfast burritos and lunch), Sea Day brunch in the main dining room (my favorite), served breakfast on port days in the main dining room, and of course your nice dinner in the main dining room. Wow that's a lot when you list it! [emoji1] Also continental breakfast from room service. I'm sure I've missed something, but I think that covers most of it? Oh! Pizza and the deli too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bcberri

Everything's included except...

Coffee bar

Chef's Table

Steakhouse

Some room service items

Some snacks in some of the bars.

Think that covers it. If I'm wrong someone will be along soon to correct me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

We ate in the main dining room for dinner every night but 1. Loved it. Different menu every night, always something special inspired by the nearest port. You can order as many appetizers, entrees and desserts as you want. If all else fails you can even order a steak from the steakhouse for 20 bucks. But there's free steak in MDR too every night.

If you go to Carnival's site and look at their ships it will list every on board dining option for each ship and tell you if they cost extra. Bottom line is you can eat breakfast lunch and dinner every day and never spend another dime past your cruise fee and gratuities. And breakfast and dinner can be in a sit down restaurant if you want. Heck, on Sea days brunch goes to 1pm so you can get breakfast early and come back for lunch.

So I presume MDR is waiter service?

Wine/beers delivered as well?

Yessir, and yessir. Some folks say the bar service in MDR is a little slow so they bring in one from the bar just outside too. I got my beer fast enough though so I have no experience with that. They also come by at some point with the shot of the day in a souvenir shot glass if you want. No idea cost, we didn't understand you get to keep the glass so we always said no. Will get one or 2 in December though.

So I presume MDR is waiter service?

Wine/beers delivered as well?

You're probably aware that you can take one bottle of wine per drinking-age adult on embarkation day. Well, there will be wine glasses in your cabin and, if you bring your own wine, you can take a glass of it with you to dinner if you'd like. Just be sure to take the glass back to your cabin.

And be sure to try to catch the "dinner show" the waiters/waitresses put on every night in the MDR. Just a little dance number they do for one song, but it's a lot of fun to watch. Get up and join them, if you're so inclined. I think they usually do it around 7:00.

Thanks again for the tips.

With the latter....think I'll watch! :-)

So I suppose we would have to book a time for the MDR in order to get a table?

Yes. You can choose early, late, or any time dining. We usually go with any time as we aren't huge planners and don't visit the MDR every night. Only downside to that is you don't have the same staff every night. You can request them though if you enjoyed their service.

Have fun on the Conquest, I'm booked on her in October.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I suppose we would have to book a time for the MDR in order to get a table?

As Jenhem said, during your booking process, you choose Early, Late, or Your Time dining. Early dining is at 6p. Late dining at 8:15p. For both of those, you'll be assigned the same table every night. Or Your Time dining, which is open seating, is between 5:45p-9:30p. You check in at the hostess station (have your S&S card) and wait to be seated, just like a typical restaurant. Alaska & European cruises are the exception. Their dining times vary slightly. On your sea days, they open one of the MDR's for brunch from 8:30-1:00. Filet Mignon!!

We preferred Your Time dining. There was five of us and we always got together for dinner, but we were always doing different activities at different times. So having a flexible dinner time was nice. Aboard the Conquest, they seated all of the Early & Late diners upstairs and the Your Time diners downstairs. Not sure if that's normal on other ships.