Elation to the Bahamas in January - staying on ship at ports?

iheartmarshall

My BFF and I are planning a 4-day weekend cruise on the Elation out of Jacksonville in early January with two ports: Nassau and Freeport. This would be to celebrate her 30th birthday (which would occur on the cruise) and me finally finishing grad school in December. We know January is not the best time to cruise the Bahamas and honestly, we're thinking of not even getting off the ship -- if we do, maybe to walk around port but not book any excursions in advance. Essentially we'd have three sea days to relax and have zero obligations -- a rarity for us!

So my question -- for those of who you have cruised in the winter (or whenever) to the Bahamas and stayed on the ship at the ports, what all did you do? Did you lay out by the pool all day? Take advantage of spa specials? Sit around and read? Utilize the bars? Let me know -- I'm curious!

The average temp in Nassau in January is around 70 degrees...

http://www.holiday-weather.com/nassau/averages/

We stay on the ship and hop from pool to hot tub, depending on the temp outside. There are usually less than a handful of people around, as everyone is off doing their thing.

We also play trivia when the ship is empty.... gives us a slightly better chance of winning a ship on a stick.

We often sleep in, and sometimes we go read on Serenity in the shade, with no one around.

Hope you have a fun cruise!

A port day is a good time to book the spa and get a discount. More space at pools and hot tubs. Side note if you want something close to port in Nassau, check out Cafe Matisse for a really nice lunch. Beautiful garden setting in walking distance but a bit of a splurge. Also The National Art Gallery is another mellow thing to do, and the Rum Cake factory on Bay Street has the best rum cakes. Both are a short can ride away or 15-20 minute walk.