Home from our August 13, 2016 cruise on the Divina

Squidward Q Tentacles

As we are Platinum level on NCL, MSC graciously status matched us to their equivalent Black level.

The boarding process went very smoothly. Once aboard, waiting for our room to be readied for us, we were anxious for our first meal aboard! On the Divina, the only place available was the buffet where on NCL we had a choice of the buffet or one of the main dining rooms to choose from. Needless to say, it was very crowed and difficult to navigate. We always enjoyed that NCL allowed us the choice to eat a beautifully prepared relaxing lunch after the hectic journey of boarding the ship.

At the Cruise Critic meet on the first sea day there were six Cruise Critic members and I think four ship representatives including the hotel director and the food and beverage director.

We were asked what we thought about the cruise so far, and asked to let them know if we had any concerns during our cruise. They asked us to let them know of three things we liked and one item that needed improvement. Funny thing, no one mentioned the things that they liked but went straight to discussing the negatives. Maybe later in the cruise they should have asked us after we had time to experience the Divina but we appreciated their sincere interest in our cruise experience. They served some sparkling wine, juice and some snacks. It was very nice, wish more cruisers had attended.

I told them my first impression of the ship was that it was beautiful, but I felt a little disappointed in how I felt when I walked into our cabin regarding the Black level treatment. On NCL you have treats in your cabin that let you know you are Platinum. Some notes, bottle of wine, chocolates and such. In our cabin there was nothing other than a nice, clean cabin. I liked the cabin on the Divina, it had plenty of storage and felt roomy. The shower had those crazy doors that swing in to make the bathroom feel bigger. The only thing I did not like about the cabin was the shower. I am a big guy, 6’3” and 290 pounds, the shower was small for me. My wife was disturbed by a strong musty/moldy smell in the shower. We mentioned this to the Hotel director and he went above and beyond to remedy the problem. Ours became the cleanest shower on record!

So for the rooms, inside cabin on the Divina vs Pearl, the Divina wins by a slight margin.

I just enjoyed the last video you posted - piano bar - I keep checking for more.......this thread is awesome and such a nice help for future MSC cruisers!!!

Can you tell me the time passengers are permitted to board the ship on embarkation day.

Thank you...:)

I just enjoyed the last video you posted - piano bar - I keep checking for more.......this thread is awesome and such a nice help for future MSC cruisers!!!

Can you tell me the time passengers are permitted to board the ship on embarkation day.

Thank you...:)

Not sure what time they allow persons to board. We were onboard by 12:30 and there was plenty of people already there.

If you like the videos click on the thumbs up button, and thanks for watching.

Thank you Squidward.......I'm happy to hear that you were on the ship by 12:30pm.......perfect!

Loved the videos...........I will definitely click on the thumbs up button!

Thanks......have a :) day!!

Not sure what time they allow persons to board. We were onboard by 12:30 and there was plenty of people already there.

Help.....where in the world is the thumbs up button???? I looked but couldn't find it.......not super computer saavy......sorry.........but I will be happy to click on it if you let me know where to find it.....

Help.....where in the world is the thumbs up button???? I looked but couldn't find it.......not super computer saavy......sorry.........but I will be happy to click on it if you let me know where to find it.....

It's on the right side just bellow the numbers of views for the video. Thanks again and here is another video I just edited.

[YOUTUBE]N9BWPAt43Sk[/YOUTUBE]

Hey Squidward! Thanks for the great review and videos! They help so much as we are cruising the Divina in October.

Did you say there was a Cruise Critic meet and greet on the ship? How was that arranged?

Thanks!

MSC sets a time and date for the Cruise Critic meet. They post it in the daily for the day of the event. MSC knows that there is a good chance that Cruise Critic members will be on the ship. So they schedule it just like they do for other groups, such as veterans, Friends of Bill W, etc.

For our event they served sparkling wine, juice and some light snacks. We had six CC members show up for our meet.

MSC was nice, they were there to answer questions and get feedback. They want everyone to be happy cruisers.

Thanks for doing this review Gard and glad you and DK are still doing well. Your videos are always well done and very enjoyable, thanks for doing them.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this cruise as much as I'd hoped you would as I value your opinion but, we'll see how it goes for us.

Eric & I are on the Divina over New Years so your info is very timely and much appreciated.

Since departure isn't until after 7, I'm thinking we may decide to do lunch prior to boarding so we don't have to wade through all the crowds. You've given me lots to think about.

Cheers,

I enjoyed your videos. Thanks for posting them.

I've been looking for another ship to take back-to-back after NCL Escape in October. Have several to consider, but this might be a good fit for us.

We're platinum with NCL, how does MSC match your status? Do they ask for your latitudes number when you're booking?

Here's the website with the Status Match info and directions:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

We filled out the info and sent it off, took a screen shot of our latitudes status (Platinum) and were matched to the highest level (Black) on MSC.

Also, for lots of great info on the levels and various categories, read the Sticky(s) at the top of the page especially this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224649

HTH

Here's the website with the Status Match info and directions:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

We filled out the info and sent it off, took a screen shot of our latitudes status (Platinum) and were matched to the highest level (Black) on MSC.

Also, for lots of great info on the levels and various categories, read the Sticky(s) at the top of the page especially this one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224649

HTH

Wow, lots of information. Thank you so much.

Thanks for doing this review Gard and glad you and DK are still doing well. Your videos are always well done and very enjoyable, thanks for doing them.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this cruise as much as I'd hoped you would as I value your opinion but, we'll see how it goes for us.

Eric & I are on the Divina over New Years so your info is very timely and much appreciated.

Since departure isn't until after 7, I'm thinking we may decide to do lunch prior to boarding so we don't have to wade through all the crowds. You've given me lots to think about.

Cheers,

Thanks, I really enjoy making videos and glad you like them. It's nice to know that people appreciate ones work.

I'd love if you'd do some comparisons between MSC and NCL in your comments as I'm looking for something to entice me away from MSC. Celebrity didn't do it - maybe NCL might? Most of the comparisons on here tend to be MSC Yacht Club vs NCL Haven.

PRINCESS!!!! Just got off the MSC Divina and it was the worst cruise I have ever taken!!!

Nygirl26 I gotta ask, what were some of the experiences you had? Good and bad. On the Divina next month. Gotta prepare myself. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes Def Prepare, if I had someone tell me what I didn't know I would have rather lost all my money that's how bad it was...LOL

-Balcony was Obstructed.. No one told us, booked unobstructed.

-Room Attendant.. Like Casper the ghost Never saw him hardly.. Ice is a commodity LOL

-Staff.. Rude

-1,000 Kids.. you heard that right LITERALLY WE WERE TOLD.. everywhere, in pools with diapers :eek: strollers on disco floor at midnight.. Screaming up and down hallways..I have kids but believe me I would never had let them run everywhere or do what these parents did..

-Rooms tiny 2 people can't walk in same path to bathroom :eek: and we are tiny LOL.

-Smells like smoke everywhere.. people smoking in rooms when not suppose to...

-Coffee Cups are never available BRING YOUR OWN!!!! COFFEE IS ALSO HARD TO FIND SOMETIMES!!! :confused:

-Buffet for any meal OMG like Grand Central Station at rush hour... Kids picking food with fingers... UGH I think I lost weight on this cruise ... Breakfast takes about an hour and half in Black Crab Dining room .and food Ice cold <--shakes head...Order cold items nothing hot...

-Martini's are half the size of normal Martini glasses and not filled high. :rolleyes:

I can go on and on but just got home and will never put myself through anything like this again... Actually Hubby on phone booking next cruise on Princess right now! :) We feel like we need a vacation!!!! :)

-Formal night is a joke we saw jeans t shirts and shorts..

GOOD experience was the weather... OH and forget about getting a seat on sea days these people are up at 4 am and all the seats are taken... I sat next to 2 chairs that NEVER had any occupants only towels and a magazine... ALL DAY!!!!!!

Edited by Nygirl26