Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

Perfect, thank you! I thankfully booked all of those a couple months ago.

Only one that wasn't available online was comedy. But seems a lot of other mentioned that in our roll call. We plan to reserve once we got on.

Sounds like you are good to go. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comparison to Nachi. I always enjoy a day at Nachi although next trip to Coz in November will likely see me three-peat the Bar Hop bus :)

So is Friday going to be a B-2 kinda day?

And hope Franky has continued to be magical.

Franky has been taking good care of us. And yes today will be a B2 kind of day.

Hopefully the 3-peat goes as smooth as the first two. [emoji6]

Edited by A&L_Ont

So I woke at 5:50 today to one particular ceiling panel that vibrates when the ship must be doing a certain speed. Needless to say I was walking around our sleeping area feeling each panel with my hands seeing if it was the one that was doing the vibrating. When I finally found it I could no longer sleep.

That being said to give me the perfect opportunity come out and see the sunrise. I also got to see the sunrise photo camera club. Tripods, zoom lenses, and patience for the perfect photo - all something that I don't have with me this morning. Now if I had a coffee or a Snickers Bar I might be right out there with them. [emoji6]

So instead you'll get pictures of the people who are taking the photos in a couple of the sunrise.

2a2966c4f1fc40b1162d089f5add8b5e.jpg

52751d0b642bf7bf09bb5eedb8ae3d0a.jpg

e5d4e7c5a72c74c04e49ec93ebf35f0f.jpg

27e3171313466fa41c6657c3675f1906.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

And since we sailing here from San Juan we are hugging the coast of The Dominican Republic. Did you know the two countries shared shared the Island?

A coastal photo for you.

c0ec9a34d9fd56e23a25ed69734b0f3c.jpg

Just before the sun rose this energetic individual arrived on the basketball court do to his calisthenics. Kudos to him. He has jumped rope, lunged, and a succession of other combos while my fingers have been tapping away. I really should join him, but I think I'm off to make a coffee.

1522c97f5bea83e713e7bcaeb29104cc.jpg

I enjoyed your cabin scope today. I could be very comfortable staying there! :D Thanks for sharing your home for this week with us.

Sailaway from the bow looked like fun! :cool:

I would agree, the cabin has been comfortable. I am sitting on the balcony this morning enjoying the sun rising, watching people and have been active here on the thread.

As for the sail away it was a lot of fun. It was hot, that's why I brought a bottle of water. Some were drinking champagne to which I thought was a bad combo and others had non-alcoholic punch. To see the fort from the ship was really spectacular.

The walls that were constructed to keep the marauding pirates out was quite the task. I guess the people of San Juan didn't want to feel the burn that the citizens of Cockburn Town had endured.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Great sunrise photos. It's such a peaceful time on the ship to be up (though, agreed, coffee is required). :D

Enjoy your day in Labadee!

Thank -you. This is the perfect time of day. I am now off to make that coffee. [emoji3]

Edited by A&L_Ont

Only walk around in the port area for a couple hours but it was a nice break from the ship. It was extremely hot in the sun but very comfortable in the shady buildings on the streets.

We return to the ship to have some lunch, followed by the helipad sail away party.

a60db59dc1f435dd838c09c2b4f33e52.jpg

Interesting that on Allure they have the helipad sail away for Suites and Pinnacles while on Oasis they have it or until very recently for Platinum and above. Miss that event on Lady O.

Even on my May suite sailing there was no helipad sail away scheduled at all.

Interesting that on Allure they have the helipad sail away for Suites and Pinnacles while on Oasis they have it or until very recently for Platinum and above. Miss that event on Lady O.

It seems to be on Allure that they have them. On our March B2B they were in Nassau for eastern and Labadee for western. I think you are right Emmy in regards to it was suite based on Allure on C&A based for Oasis.

We haven't been on Oasis for a while, but the last time we were they did have it when we were departing from Cozumel.

Love this picture. I have never seen one of Labadee from this angle.

It took a lot of work to get that photo. That picture wasn't from the "learn to hike like a mountain goat" excursion I used in March, but from the "fly like a seagull" excursion.

These are from the little know secret RC shore excursions. If you wink twice at the shore excursions desk they offer them up to you.

Barefoot Beach, they really should rename this place Sandal Foot Beach. The coral always gets me. Not to mention the sand at this time of the day really starts to get hot. Maybe Hop Scotch Beach would be better, cause you really got to hop unless you have a lot of scotch in you.

Barefoot Beach Cabana info.

They have a power plug.

0a279189268197b375ffead848fadf03.jpg

They have a oscillating ceiling fan.

ffe5af6dd9a12e6f1617b9ef640c6487.jpg

And new since March they have a shade umbrella which will be perfect for late afternoon.

d1310ef6ae3ee5a1d3c1096251228a1f.jpg

Also a cooler with water. I bought a couple cokes and some M&Ms from the ship.

feb8ba80fc989cf40cf63da2103d97fe.jpg

Lunch was a decent buffet. By the time I thought about taking a photo all that was left was an empty plate. It looked like the normal crime scene that our family typically leaves behind.

Now if I can only hold on the few hours until we return to the ship for another meal. Thankfully a few bags of chips made there way with us from Park Cafe so I think I should survive. [emoji12]

c7319a8174bfe50c4ab6e233e3b53fc1.jpg

Accidentally Quoted Ques on Emmy post [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CruisingKat71

Will you be able to scope on the Helipad on sail away?

Sadly not tonight. The one helipad sail away event was yesterday leaving San Juan. I will do another scope from here on the beach though and maybe the Musial dance group the the pier.

Only walk around in the port area for a couple hours but it was a nice break from the ship. It was extremely hot in the sun but very comfortable in the shady buildings on the streets.

We return to the ship to have some lunch, followed by the helipad sail away party.

a60db59dc1f435dd838c09c2b4f33e52.jpg

14246b2c882a94394a0a5c3cdc4b8eb0.jpg

a32c7640e109815e809ee42700946f23.jpg

We saw some dolphins off the starboard side of the bow. Hopefully they'll be visible in the photo.

673782fc7a7367f9c2b6f68ea1d42b8c.jpg

aed4b5ef9ecb082469146b766d1861a3.jpg

We also had some birds flying in front of the ship.

9941433929fe6fc392b8a227d5470ef7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Great Pictures. Was going to ask if you were going to scope this event, but see already happened. Your Doing Awesome with this Live Blog!!!!

Very Great Pictures. Was going to ask if you were going to scope this event, but see already happened. Your Doing Awesome with this Live Blog!!!!

If I only dedicated as much time to work. [emoji12] Only a couple of days left and I really don't want to leave.

Now if I was crazy I'd do a Periscope from the straw market. Now that would be interesting. I'd ask for items they don't have such as a cow, or a goat. They probably try to get me to settle on a cat or a dog. I could only imagine the fun that would be.

We did have wifi signal from the ship but it did cut out when you went to hook up to it. Labadee has great 3G cellular coverage. St Thomas doesn't have any, which is true, but hard to believe.