Bahamas Questions

nyfeds

We are considering a Celebrity cruise that stops in both Nassau and CocoCay, Bahamas. Has anyone stopped at both these ports? If so, are pink sand beaches to be found there?

Thoughts and opinions, please.

Thanks!

Coco Kay has nice beaches but supposedly half of celebrity cruises there can't tender in due to bad weather

You are correct. We've missed Coco Kay due to winds about half of our Bahamas' stops there. You may not want to choose an intinerary based on this sweet little stop, because you'll be disappointed if tendering is not possible.

I like the Bahamas. It bothers me when others say to skip it just because they didn't like it. Coco Cay was really nice when I went. I made a couple friends on the ship & we walked down to a secluded area far from the main beach & had an area mostly to ourselves where we relaxed most of the day. They have a delicious mixed drink called a Cocoloco you can get there! As for Nassau, both times I went there I took an excursion to Blue Lagoon Island, which I highly recommend. You take a small boat over to the private island & it's really beautiful. The first time I went they offered swimming with stingrays which was really fun. Last time I was there they didn't have that anymore but they still had swimming with dolphins and I think seals also. There's also the straw market in Nassau that a lot of people like but I've never actually bought anything there, just walked through. If you are interested in the Bahamas & the price is right, you should go!! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums