Miami - Marriott Help

tw67

We are trying to figure out logistics of staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay. There will be 4 (me, my husband, and 2 sons- 18 and 13) of us, flying into West Palm on January 1, for a cruise out of Miami on January 2. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn before, but usually stay at the Intercontinental. We love the location of the Intercontinental, and have always gotten a decent price on Priceline or Hotwire. This time I am trying to use my Marriott Points, and it is less points to stay at this one then the JW. Years ago we took the TriRail and then People Mover to the Intercontinental, and we are trying to work it out this time also. I haven't seen a great map to show me the locations and how far the People Mover is from the hotel, and since January 1st is a holiday, I am worried about the holiday schedule on public transportation. So any advice we can use would be appreciated!!

I would Tri-Rail to MIA and then make it easy and taxi to your hotel - van/SUV cab should hold all 4 plus bags and the fare should be between $25-30.

I've stayed at the next door Doubletree - there is a people mover thing close by, but between 4 passengers, bags, and the holiday I would use a cab instead.

The Tri Rail will be operating on a limited schedule on New Years Day.

I would make alternate transportation plans.

A shuttle, one way car rental, or Uber will start your vacation off in a much better frame of mind.

Also, you will have to transfer to Metro Rail which will also be operating on a limited schedule.