Vista just did a whoopsie

les37b

Aargh ! If he is proven to be at fault, wouldn't they make him walk a plank ?

Prob not enough a punishment ...

All joking aside, having been at their port on the Vista, it is tight. I will refrain from judge, jury and executioner on this one. While there certainly will be some payouts from an insurance company, the rest is not all that much other than interesting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone

Prob not enough a punishment ...

All joking aside, having been at their port on the Vista, it is tight. I will refrain from judge, jury and executioner on this one. While there certainly will be some payouts from an insurance company, the rest is not all that much other than interesting to watch.

Sent from my iPhone

As I've said in previous comments I don't think this one is down to carnival and the finger appears to point to the pilot. No judge or jury from me... I saw it but do not have the full details.

I spoke to Matt when getting off this morning. He seems to think the ship will continue to use Messina... He blamed the weather! Not so sure about that!! lol waters were very calm until the Vista Tsunami!!

The incident was widely unknown on board. Just gutted I took the camera down that would have recorded the whole thing and from deck 9 directly above the viewing vantage the pilot would have got. I could see it was going to hit and too tight to have any chance of turning and said it as I watched helpless. God knows how he got it so wrong. Just a poor judgement I guess.

As I've said in previous comments I don't think this one is down to carnival and the finger appears to point to the pilot. No judge or jury from me... I saw it but do not have the full details.

I spoke to Matt when getting off this morning. He seems to think the ship will continue to use Messina... He blamed the weather! Not so sure about that!! lol waters were very calm until the Vista Tsunami!!

The incident was widely unknown on board. Just gutted I took the camera down that would have recorded the whole thing and from deck 9 directly above the viewing vantage the pilot would have got. I could see it was going to hit and too tight to have any chance of turning and said it as I watched helpless. God knows how he got it so wrong. Just a poor judgement I guess.

Happy to see that no one got hurt. Not to steal the thread, but would love to read your thoughts (I have see a couple of comments), are you doing a review?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Happy to see that no one got hurt. Not to steal the thread, but would love to read your thoughts (I have see a couple of comments), are you doing a review?

I may do. Depends on time. I should have done something as I went! It's mostly positive. A few minor niggles but nothing huge. This Missunderstanding carnival seem to have over VAT is going to hurt them and it really shouldn't if they applied things correctly. As you know I bought cheers and had no tax being applied like they wrongly did on the 6th and 18th cruises to cheers purchasers. But people on this one were being charged 21% on drink when it should have been 10. They correctly charged me 10% on the up charge on food. It is a big negative but luckily something that in the end didn't affect me. Actually on a plus note, a couple of my detractors will be rather gutted at a nice little surprise I had in my bill this morning when I left with a rather large refund due.... .. And no it was nothing to do with cancelling gratuities which I always said I'd never do.... In fact I found myself adding tips for drinks in the bars and the room guys got a nice tip as well as several bottles of booze which he was most grateful for.

Watch this space....

The group in the roll call were great and the trips I organised really did represent the best value. I won't mention my thoughts just yet on Carnivsls shuttle bus prices! lol

I may do. Depends on time. I should have done something as I went! It's mostly positive. A few minor niggles but nothing huge. This Missunderstanding carnival seem to have over VAT is going to hurt them and it really shouldn't if they applied things correctly. As you know I bought cheers and had no tax being applied like they wrongly did on the 6th and 18th cruises to cheers purchasers. But people on this one were being charged 21% on drink when it should have been 10. They correctly charged me 10% on the up charge on food. It is a big negative but luckily something that in the end didn't affect me. Actually on a plus note, a couple of my detractors will be rather gutted at a nice little surprise I had in my bill this morning when I left with a rather large refund due.... .. And no it was nothing to do with cancelling gratuities which I always said I'd never do.... In fact I found myself adding tips for drinks in the bars and the room guys got a nice tip as well as several bottles of booze which he was most grateful for.

Watch this space....

The group in the roll call were great and the trips I organised really did represent the best value. I won't mention my thoughts just yet on Carnivsls shuttle bus prices! lol

Thanks for the reply, will look for your review just in case you do one.

Sent from my iPhone