Children and birth certificate questions.

draggsxr1000

This will be our first cruise. With children. We have passports. Always have. My questions. We have live birth certificates from the local court house in the county they were born. They have a raised stamp. Kinda like a notary stamp? Will this work? They also have the company name they they suggest. But I swear somewhere I seen that live birth certificate wasn't good enough. Question2. Do they also need a state issues I'd? Don't mind getting them. Just wanna make 100% we are getting on this boat! Thanks everyone.

I am assuming that you and your husband have passports, but your children do not from your post. If that is true, you will need a birth certificate issued . by your state, county or city whichever is available in your state. You will need these to board the ship at embark. If any of your children have reached their 16th birthday, they will also need a photo ID (school or state issued will do). some of the information on this thread is incorrect, especially someone saying your kids don't need birth certificates to cruise (I think they were referring to getting back on to the ship at a foreign port and not at embark - I think they thought you all had passports.)

True, but in the case of a Certificate of Live Birth, it states that you were medically born - that your mother gave birth to you whereas a Birth Certificate is an official record of your place of birth.

So what happens in a case like, I don't know, say Havingfun2010, was born in a test tube. Will they be issued an appropriate Certificate of Live Birth? :confused:;)

So what happens in a case like, I don't know, say Havingfun2010, was born in a test tube. Will they be issued an appropriate Certificate of Live Birth? :confused:;)

Well.....being conceived in a test tube is one thing. Being BORN in a test tube - I wanna see that, lol! :eek::):D