Ardastra Gardens, Zoo & Conservation Centre?

smarks

Has anyone been here lately. All past post are for 2012. If you have been here, how was it? I am taking my 2 great grand kids on a cruise in Oct. I will take them to the fort and Junkanoo Beach, but would like to do something else since beach time will probably be only a couple of hours. Thoughts? Thank You.

We went to the gardens March 2015. We walked from the ship, took about 30 minutes, not sure if that is something you would be doing. We had a good time. Make sure to time your visit to see the Marching Flamingoes. The zoo part is fairly small, easy to see in an hour or so. Afterwards we walked through the Pirate Museum.

We went to the gardens March 2015. We walked from the ship, took about 30 minutes, not sure if that is something you would be doing. We had a good time. Make sure to time your visit to see the Marching Flamingoes. The zoo part is fairly small, easy to see in an hour or so. Afterwards we walked through the Pirate Museum.

cougfan, thanks for the reply. Think we would take a cab since it will be a long day for the kids. We plan on waling to the Queens Staircase, Fort Fincastle then on to Junkanoo Beach. Kids are 6 & 7. The gardens sound like something they would love. How was the pirate museum? Is it close to the gardens? Thanks again for the info.

Sandra

Has anyone been here lately. All past post are for 2012. If you have been here, how was it? I am taking my 2 great grand kids on a cruise in Oct. I will take them to the fort and Junkanoo Beach, but would like to do something else since beach time will probably be only a couple of hours. Thoughts? Thank You.

Don't know why you say the only posts are from 2012, s there are a plethora of threads and posts about the zoo.

If you look at the top where it says, 'search these forums' ( by thread tools etc.) and type in whatever you want to search for, you will see many threads about this.

here is one in particular

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2266481&highlight=ardastra+gardens

I posted some of my pixs in this thread so you will have an idea of what to expect. The kids will LOVE it, feeding the parrots, the flamingo show. As was said, figure about 2 hours for the zoo. A taxi there is a good idea but there are really no taxi's to get back. Either have the taxi driver pick you up at a set time, get his phone number and call him or have the zoo call a taxi for you. Everyone there is exceptionally nice.

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

I just want to clarify that there are 2 forts. There is one (Fort Charlotte) next to Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. The other one (Fort Fincastle) is next to the Queen's Staircase.

Ardastra Gardens is about a mile and a half away from the port. Definitely take a taxi with 2 small children. It's a long walk for little legs. If you go to the zoo, check out the schedule on their website. They have a lorry parrot feeding that is a lot of fun for adults and kids. :)

The Pirate Museum is in town, very close to port.

Don't know why you say the only posts are from 2012, s there are a plethora of threads and posts about the zoo.

If you look at the top where it says, 'search these forums' ( by thread tools etc.) and type in whatever you want to search for, you will see many threads about this.

here is one in particular

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2266481&highlight=ardastra+gardens

I posted some of my pixs in this thread so you will have an idea of what to expect. The kids will LOVE it, feeding the parrots, the flamingo show. As was said, figure about 2 hours for the zoo. A taxi there is a good idea but there are really no taxi's to get back. Either have the taxi driver pick you up at a set time, get his phone number and call him or have the zoo call a taxi for you. Everyone there is exceptionally nice.

Cheers

Len

Thank you for the link and the info. I did do as you said before starting this thread. But for some reason it started out with a post from 2012 and down. May have been a glitch. I thought it was a bit odd myself that there would be nothing current on the gardens. I have been to Nassau many times but have never been to the gardens or pirate museum.

I just want to clarify that there are 2 forts. There is one (Fort Charlotte) next to Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. The other one (Fort Fincastle) is next to the Queen's Staircase.

Ardastra Gardens is about a mile and a half away from the port. Definitely take a taxi with 2 small children. It's a long walk for little legs. If you go to the zoo, check out the schedule on their website. They have a lorry parrot feeding that is a lot of fun for adults and kids. :)

The Pirate Museum is in town, very close to port.

Thank you CruisinCrow for the information. I have been to Fincastle Fort but didn't know about Fort Charlotte. Good to know there are options. I will check the schedule for the gardens. Sounds like fun for the kids. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

When we went we took the #10 Jitney Bus which was $1 or $2 each and it drops you a few blocks from the Zoo. And then you wait for it where it drops you off on the main road to return you to the street just a few blocks from the port.

HLR

Hi!

When we went we took the #10 Jitney Bus which was $1 or $2 each and it drops you a few blocks from the Zoo. And then you wait for it where it drops you off on the main road to return you to the street just a few blocks from the port.

HLR

We took the #10 as well, it was easy and fun to be on local transportation.

Your grandkids will love the zoo! The parrot feedings and getting right up close with the flamingos - great photo ops!!

Have a wonderful cruise!