Nieuw Amsterdam Aft VB Balcony Deck 4 vs 6

saskacruiser

Hello, it's my first posting here so first I'd like to thank all of you for the great information I have gained over the last couple of years of lurking :)

We are booked on a Caribbean cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam in VB6166. It's my first time on that side of the world and I'm excited to see it! The balcony is important for us, and I read one posting that said the NA Deck 4 aft balcony depth is 1.5 feet deeper than the other decks (7.5'x9' on 4 vs 6x9 on the others). Can anyone confirm this info? We can still move down to an aft VB on Deck 4 if it is, in fact, bigger. Would there be any other reason that Deck 4 aft would be less desirable than 6?

Thanks so much for any help.

Would there be any other reason that Deck 4 aft would be less desirable than 6?
On 4 you might get more vibration and less view, while on 6 you might get a little more motion.

Have a great cruise! :)

Edited by jtl513

We were in one of the stern VB cabins on the NA in May, cabin 4182. When comparing it to other stern cabins we've been in, we didn't notice any differences. Wonderful views, no noticeable vibration. 4182 has a small obstruction that looks like skinny stairs in front of the balcony that none of the other Deck 4 balconies have. It didn't bother us a bit.