Private tours - Rony's Tours, Victor Bodden or someone else

dorisdvu

I'm looking into a private tour for 14 people. For those who have done private tours, which would you recommend? We definitely want to see the monkeys and sloths. I've see various videos on youtube and the Gumbalimba Park looks interesting as the monkey's seem to be in the open rather that in a cage. Are there sloths there or just at Daniel Johnson's? Are there hand washing stations? If the iguana farm there or somewhere different. Some of us want to zipline. What do you recommend? I'm assuming the ones that are not going to zipline meet the rest of the party at the end of the zipline. Is this correct? What about the Stone Castle Cameo Factory? Not really interested in the beach, hiking, horseback riding or fishing. We also want to shop too. Some of us would like to visit an orphanage. What would the ones that didn't want to do while the ones that do want to visit the orphanage. We will be at Mahogany Bay 9 - 6 on October 4th and are cruising Carnival Magic. Any and all suggestion for other things to so or see are welcome.

Edited by dorisdvu

Rony and Victor can probably help set you up with a personalized tour. Rony can certainly take you to an orphanage or school if you want to visit or make donations/ bring supplies. Email both and see their respo0nses and take the one that fits your desires the best.

I don't know enough about Daniel Johnson, except he gets some good comments on this board. But email him too.

Victor may or may not have sloths. But he does have monkeys. You can't get into Gumbalinda unless you're on a cruise ship sponsored excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm looking into a private tour for 14 people. For those who have done private tours, which would you recommend? We definitely want to see the monkeys and sloths. I've see various videos on youtube and the Gumbalimba Park looks interesting as the monkey's seem to be in the open rather that in a cage. Are there sloths there or just at Daniel Johnson's? Are there hand washing stations? If the iguana farm there or somewhere different. Some of us want to zipline. What do you recommend? I'm assuming the ones that are not going to zipline meet the rest of the party at the end of the zipline. Is this correct? What about the Stone Castle Cameo Factory? Not really interested in the beach, hiking, horseback riding or fishing. We also want to shop too. Some of us would like to visit an orphanage. What would the ones that didn't want to do while the ones that do want to visit the orphanage. We will be at Mahogany Bay 9 - 6 on October 4th and are cruising Carnival Magic. Any and all suggestion for other things to so or see are welcome.

We have been to Roatan 10+/- times. We have become friends with Rony. I highly recommend Rony. He is a great guy and does what he can to make his community better.

The sloths are at Daniel Johnson's. They do have hand washing available.

The iguanas, Daniel's and Pirates of the Caribbean Zipline are all in the same general area. I would recommend booking Rony's Freestyle Tour. He will be glad to customize a tour to exactly meet your preferences.

Instead of going to an orphange, I would suggest taking things to Rony's neighborhood at the end of the day. This would be convenient as it is very close to the ship. Those who didn't want to go could just get dropped off at the ship. You will most likely be in 2 vehicles anyway.

We have visited the orphanage, which was important to us as our daughter is adopted. We were so surprised to see the clothes and school supplies the children at the orphanages already had. We were told that the government provides support for the orphanages. The buildngs are beautiful with lots of play equipment, etc. We took several backpacks full of school supplies. They just took them from us and put them in a closet that was already full of school supplies. They said they'd hand them out as needed. I know is was selfish of us - but we wanted an experience of seeing excited children receiving the things we brought.

Rony lives in one of the poorest villages in Roatan (El Suampo). We have been taking things for the children there for years. They are soooo appreciative of everything we bring. We are always rewarded with incredible smiles! It is so nice to interact with the children. You can stay 10 minutes and hand things out and go - or spend more time playing with them. We take soccer balls, jump ropes, plastic baseball/ball sets, etc. I think you would have a much more meaningful experience here(just my opinion).

Edited by #1TravelMom
spelling