MiniSuite Getaway

swerdjr

We just booked our first NCL cruise with a Mini Suite and was looking for feedback on the room and balcony. We have sailed many times on Celebrity Concierge Class and love the room and balcony. Thanks for any feedback!

Sailing NCL for the first time in November and we also booked a mini-suite. From what I understand, it is basically a balcony room with a nicer bathroom. Also the balcony is pretty small unless you booked and paid for a larger balcony.

Here is a you tube video I found of the room:

Unlike the small ships' minis, the Getaway class minis are just slightly bigger than a balcony room, but with a bigger bathroom. And the actual balconies on the Getaway, while adequate, are not very big. The exception is the deck 8 minis. They have very large balconies.

I would save the cash and switch your room to a balcony, unless a double sink is important to you. Balcony & mini-suites are virtually identical - same size living/sleeping quarters and balcony. The exception would be the aft-facing and "large balcony" subcategories.

• 1 year later...
We were in 11824 in 2014 on the Getaway. We have booked another cruise on the Getaway and have 11826-next door=booked! We love the location-Quiet and easy to get to everything!

We are booked in 11824 in October 2018. Was that room Ok? Since you are in 11826 On your next cruise i didnt know if that room was better if the other room wasn't available.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app