We Caved. Upgrade to a balcony...LOL!

Mr & Mrs Happy

Mr and Mrs H, you have a great attitude about the $100. May i present a possible reason for the admin fees? Your signature line shows a cancelled cruise for 10/16. Did you cancel a cruise and then move the booking to this new one? I would think the admin fees were already there. I may be out of line but I find that most of the time these things are systematic and end up there for a reason.

Mr and Mrs H, you have a great attitude about the $100. May i present a possible reason for the admin fees? Your signature line shows a cancelled cruise for 10/16. Did you cancel a cruise and then move the booking to this new one? I would think the admin fees were already there. I may be out of line but I find that most of the time these things are systematic and end up there for a reason.

That is a logical guess, however, OP said she already paid that $100, as part of the original balance (see snipped quote below). It may be that Carnival simply messed up and charged her that legitimate fee over again, but if so, it is now an illegitimate fee and should be refunded.

The only thing I could see is that it carried over from when I had to cancel the cruise on the Valor and we switched to Triumph but that was part of the fee ($100.00) when I paid the cruise off.

Math is the bane of my existence, so I may be waaay off.

I called and was told the admin fee was due to my prior cancelling of our cruise on the Valor and booking for the Triumph.

When I switched ships, the total came to: $398.70 per person ($299 cabin + $74.70 tax +$25.00 admin fee) We had an onboard credit of $50.00

I did a mock booking this morning and noticed that I was booked with the onboard credit sale @ $499 cabin + $74.70 tax. However, when I log into my account I see: $499 cabin + $74.70 tax + $50.00 admin fee for a total of: $573.70 per person.

There are cabins going for $429.00 per person but it wouldn't come with an onboard credit.

What am I missing here cause I'm confused...:confused:

Edited by Mr & Mrs Happy

Math is the bane of my existence, so I may be waaay off.

I called and was told the admin fee was due to my prior cancelling of our cruise on the Valor and booking for the Triumph.

When I switched ships, the total came to: $398.70 per person ($299 cabin + $74.70 tax +$25.00 admin fee) We had an onboard credit of $50.00

I did a mock booking this morning and noticed that I was booked with the onboard credit sale @ $499 cabin + $74.70 tax. However, when I log into my account I see: $499 cabin + $74.70 tax + $50.00 admin fee for a total of: $573.70 per person.

There are cabins going for $429.00 per person but it wouldn't come with an onboard credit.

What am I missing here cause I'm confused...:confused:

I'm confused too. Did you give them a cc for the balance once you upgraded? If so, how much?

Edited by firemanbobswife

This really is a weird situation.

A couple things,

The only $429 I see in October is a super saver where not only don't you get the on board credit, your cabin is assigned at check in. So that is way different.

The date that shows the $429 super saver says the Balcony with the on board credit is $449.

The numbers you indicated $499 +74.70 + 50 = $623.70, but you said the total showed $573.70?? That is weirder. I don't know if they actually charged you $449, or what.

Does it still show the On Board credit?

In any event I think they charged you the Administration Fee twice,based on what you said.

I wonder if you can call and get to a supervisor, or someone who might be able to give you a better explanation.

Also, if you can get a cabin for $429 with no OBC vs $499 with $50 OBC, why would you pay $20 more after it's all said and done? Unless the $429 is a guarantee and I would't do that.

I think I figured it out...LOL!!

I paid a total of $807.40 from previous cruise.

I did the upgrade yesterday. Sooo, $499x2 + $74.70x2 = $1147.40

$1147.40-$807.40 = $340.00

$50 onboard credit.

I'm not sure why the rep said the difference in price would have been $240.00 but $100 was added on for admin fees due to my changing from Valor to Triumph.

I just did a mock booking and this is what I'm seeing...

EXCLUSIVE VIFP RATES

Exclusive Rates

Choose your room location

Book by August 31, 2016 EDT

Great Vacation Guarantee

$429 + $74.70 = $503.70 per person

No Onboard credit.

And this is why Math and such is the bane of my existence and why I make sure the hubster goes back over our bills...LOL!!

I think I figured it out...LOL!!

I paid a total of $807.40 from previous cruise.

I did the upgrade yesterday. Sooo, $499x2 + $74.70x2 = $1147.40

$1147.40-$807.40 = $340.00

$50 onboard credit.

I'm not sure why the rep said the difference in price would have been $240.00 but $100 was added on for admin fees due to my changing from Valor to Triumph.

I just did a mock booking and this is what I'm seeing...

EXCLUSIVE VIFP RATES

Exclusive Rates

Choose your room location

Book by August 31, 2016 EDT

Great Vacation Guarantee

$429 + $74.70 = $503.70 per person

No Onboard credit.

And this is why Math and such is the bane of my existence and why I make sure the hubster goes back over our bills...LOL!!

So if you can get the cabin for $429 and can still pick your room, why would you want to pay $499 and get $50 OBC?

$499 x 2 = $998

-$50 (OBC)

=$948

$429 x 2 = $858

$0 OBC

=$858

Edited by firemanbobswife

This really is a weird situation.

A couple things,

The only $429 I see in October is a super saver where not only don't you get the on board credit, your cabin is assigned at check in. So that is way different.

The date that shows the $429 super saver says the Balcony with the on board credit is $449.

The numbers you indicated $499 +74.70 + 50 = $623.70, but you said the total showed $573.70?? That is weirder. I don't know if they actually charged you $449, or what.

Does it still show the On Board credit?

In any event I think they charged you the Administration Fee twice,based on what you said.

I wonder if you can call and get to a supervisor, or someone who might be able to give you a better explanation.

Damnit, I meant $449. NOT $499. All of this is making my head spin. Thats why I stated yesterday I was good cause it was either going to be MY fault or the reps, which is why I stated about giving people the benefit of the doubt. The only confusing part is that the rep yesterday said the difference was $240 but that an admin fee of $100 was being added. So I paid a total of $340 using my cc.

This is what I see when I log in. Not sure if this is allowed

Cruise Rate $449.00 $449.00

$898.00

Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses $74.70 $74.70

$149.40

Optional Charges

Vacation Protection ? $0.00

Add $0.00

Add

$0.00

Miscellaneous Charges

Administrative Fees $50.00 $50.00

$100.00

Total Charges $573.70

So if you can get the cabin for $429 and can still pick your room, why would you want to pay $499 and get $50 OBC?

$499

-$50 (OBC)

=$449 = $20 more per person :confused:

I dont know...LOL! Numbers and I truly do not mix. When I stare at numbers like that, it's almost like having dyslexia. There's actually a condition for those that struggle with Math thats called - Dyscalculia.

Anywho, I will try what you suggested and see what happens. I may need a drink now. It is after noon here..LOL!

I dont know...LOL! Numbers and I truly do not mix. When I stare at numbers like that, it's almost like having dyslexia. There's actually a condition for those that struggle with Math thats called - Dyscalculia.

Anywho, I will try what you suggested and see what happens. I may need a drink now. It is after noon here..LOL!

I actually went back and edited my post. I was thinking it was $50pp OBC and it's per cabin so the difference is bigger.

It still looks to me as if you were charged the Admin fee twice being it was in your original booking and then you had to pay the additional $100 with your cc.

I need a drink too!:p

I actually went back and edited my post. I was thinking it was $50pp OBC and it's per cabin so the difference is bigger.

It still looks to me as if you were charged the Admin fee twice being it was in your original booking and then you had to pay the additional $100 with your cc.

I need a drink too!:p

It's per cabin.

Either way, I'm good. We have our balcony. Plenty of liquor to be delivered to our cabin and 60 days til we sail as of today.

I just wasn't sure about the entire situation after upgrading and speaking with the rep yesterday, which is why I posted about it. And then to have some say they'd never been charged that. Well I know how it can be on here at times and definitely wanted to clear up the confusion either way.

If I didn't have classwork to do, I'd start drinking. Coffee will have to do for the moment. Thank you and everyone else for trying to help me on this. I'm confused and complicated at times, sooooo...haha!

[quote name='Mr & Mrs Happy']It's per cabin.

Either way, I'm good. We have our balcony. Plenty of liquor to be delivered to our cabin and 60 days til we sail as of today.

I just wasn't sure about the entire situation after upgrading and speaking with the rep yesterday, which is why I posted about it. And then to have some say they'd never been charged that. Well I know how it can be on here at times and definitely wanted to clear up the confusion either way.

If I didn't have classwork to do, I'd start drinking. Coffee will have to do for the moment. Thank you and everyone else for trying to help me on this. I'm confused and complicated at times, sooooo...haha![/QUOTE]

It still makes zero sense to me why you would be charged the admin fee again because you chose to upgrade. If you would have stayed where you were, you wouldn't have been. So their reasoning of that it was because of you switching cruises before doesn't hold water with me. Otherwise it would have already been in place. Do you see what I'm saying? I still believe someone messed up, and you need to call and talk to the Customer Care Dept. $100 is $100.

[quote name='firemanbobswife']It still makes zero sense to me why you would be charged the admin fee again because you chose to upgrade. If you would have stayed where you were, you wouldn't have been. So their reasoning of that it was because of you switching cruises before doesn't hold water with me. Otherwise it would have already been in place. Do you see what I'm saying? I still believe someone messed up, and you need to call and talk to the Customer Care Dept. $100 is $100.[/QUOTE]

I really don't know. When I redid everything it [I][B]seemed [/B][/I]like it added up right. I don't know why the rep I spoke with yesterday stated I was only needing to pay $240 but when she went to the final page, it switched the price to include $100 in admin fees which brought the total (difference) to $340.

When I called this morning, I was told that I had only been charged once for the admin fees.

I'm not gonna worry about it. I know to come here the next time I book a cruise...LOL!!

[quote name='Mr & Mrs Happy']I really don't know. When I redid everything it [I][B]seemed [/B][/I]like it added up right. I don't know why the rep I spoke with yesterday stated I was only needing to pay $240 but when she went to the final page, it switched the price to include $100 in admin fees which brought the total (difference) to $340.

When I called this morning, I was told that I had only been charged once for the admin fees.

I'm not gonna worry about it. I know to come here the next time I book a cruise...LOL!![/QUOTE]

Whew... That was a long walk. But I'm glad you got to the point where your comfortable with what you paid. That's all that really matters (the 449 definitely makes more sense). Now you can stop typing and start packing. Have a great trip. We are going to be on the Triumph over Thanksgiving, shortly after you. Hope you guys have a great vacation.

You really should see if they will assign you a PVP (Carnival Personal Vacation Planner), when you get back. Then you always talk to the same person.