CPAP, TSA Pre do I still need to get machine out?

I don't have to get the Cpap out of the case with TSA Pre-check.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, since mine is big and heavy I have it in its bag in my carry-on. Again I will alert someone it is in there. Not excited I have to travel again with.

I am going to put the medical Id on the outside of the carry-on bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I don't have to get the Cpap out of the case with TSA Pre-check.

Same here. I'm a relatively new CPAP user. I just put the machine in its soft case on the belt through the X-ray machine. No one said anything about it.

When we flew back from Wisconsin, TSA Pre-check didn't care about any of the various electronic devices that we had. But, they did do a very thorough check of the bag with 25+lbs of good Wisconsin cheese, butter and curds.

You just have to ask. It's different, even at the same airport, a few weeks apart.

I have been told more than once to open the bag, but I haven't had to take it out of the bag for some time.

Last week, at San Diego airport, even with TSA-pre, I was told I needed to open my CPAP case, and I also had to take out my Laptop and quart bag. :confused:

You just have to ask. It's different, even at the same airport, a few weeks apart.

I have been told more than once to open the bag, but I haven't had to take it out of the bag for some time.

Last week, at San Diego airport, even with TSA-pre, I was told I needed to open my CPAP case, and I also had to take out my Laptop and quart bag. :confused:

Totally agree. The agents were accomadating as you said. I will try to pack it easier for them to deal with the machine. For everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My wife put hers in its soft case and put that in her rolling carry on. No issues at all. She left everything in the carry on and on the conveyor belt it went!

This is exactly what I do. It's the main reason I got the TSA Pre-check. It's very frustrating when the pre-check line is closed. Houston IAH is bad about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband has carried a CPAP for years - it is very portable and he does put it in his carry-on. He has almost always been asked to take it out. He does carry a medical card for the CPAP and his knees - they are both replaced. We always have to wait for him to be screened and taken into another area to be wanded again. Even with the medical card, scars on the knees, and 74, we always hold up the line:eek:

Although - I would rather be safe and know that everyone is doing their job:)

Same here. I'm a relatively new CPAP user. I just put the machine in its soft case on the belt through the X-ray machine. No one said anything about it.

Just in case either of you didn't know it, the airlines are not allowed to count the CPAP in its case as a carryon.

Probably CPAP free for 7 years now!

HI, I don't mean to hijack this thread, just wanted to let you know that my husband tried for a year to wear his CPAP machine with no success. He felt it was cumbersome, uncomfortable, noisy, etc. He now has a dental appliance. It is basically a mouth guard. Easy to travel with and very effective. He has not had any problem adjusting to it. Medicare pays for it totally, but you have to find a Dentist who does these. Just wanted to mention this in case anyone is looking for an alternative to the CPAP.