FTTF at Port Canaveral

nware411

When do people arrive at Port Canaveral with FTTF? For that matter what time do you arrive without it since they do not issues check in times for this port yet? I think the general email says to arrive around noon if I remember correctly.

You arrive whenever you want. You will have signs to follow for Diamond, Platinum and FTTF, and you'll just follow them to check in.

Depending on when your ship gets in, you could probably plan on early boarding around 11-ish, or relax, take your time and arrive around 1 or so, and just walk on without dealing with the chaos that is early boarding of a cruise ship.

Have a great cruise!

We do not use FTTF. We always arrive by 11 am, check in our bags, go though security, get registered, and get our sign and sail cards.

Now here is the but....

We often have to sit in the waiting room at the port until all the premium boarding is called, never gotten on later than noon. Once on board, you can not go straight to your cabin.

You can get on early without FTTF, but you have to be okay with just hanging out until the cabins are ready, and its easiest if you are travelling light.

Boarding at Port Canaveral is much slower and longer than we had in Seattle. We've always gotten there around 11-11:30, just because of when the hotel shuttle gets us there. And every time we've had to wait in line, usually about 30-45 minutes. Because of that, getting FTTF is worth it. We always are traveling from there with other friends, and they're Platinum. So we'd like to be able to get on board with them, or close to it, drop our stuff in our room and relax.

• 7 months later...

Are FTTF and Platinum check in at the same place in Pt Canaveral?? Asking because I (Platinum) am traveling with my mother (newbie in own cabin) and 18 and 15yo boys (in their own cabin) and would be best if we all checked in together. Considering buying them FTTF just to be able to check in together and avoid us having to go to VIP check in then wait in long line for regular check in... Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks!

Last time I used my FTTF there, they called us along with the first zone. I also wanted to use it for my priority tender and see some sights before my excursion but they told me no. I had to wait in a lounge with the rest of our group so we could all stay together for the excursion. I advised guest services and they gave me a full refund for both my rooms.

Last time I used my FTTF there, they called us along with the first zone. I also wanted to use it for my priority tender and see some sights before my excursion but they told me no. I had to wait in a lounge with the rest of our group so we could all stay together for the excursion. I advised guest services and they gave me a full refund for both my rooms.

I think this depends on the ship & the crew, but isn't always the typical. We generally purchase F2F. Our last cruise we had 5 cabins all diamond/platinum/F2F and 1 solo friend who wasn't able to get it in time. They allowed her to go through and board w/ us and run through the excursion tenders w/ us w/out question so we could stay together (Port Canaveral)... that was the Valor. Last year on the Ecstasy, similar situation, but they did not allow a friend w/out F2F to stay w/ our group (Port Charleston).

Guess it just depends.

We leave on the Sunshine in 8 days and 1 person in our group of 13 does not have F2F. We will see how that works out.

When do people arrive at Port Canaveral with FTTF? For that matter what time do you arrive without it since they do not issues check in times for this port yet? I think the general email says to arrive around noon if I remember correctly.

I just got off the Magic, and they do issue check-in times at Port Canaveral for those who do not have FTTF. We chose the 12:30-1:00 time slot. Check in was very quick! The line was very long, but we were on the boat within 15 minutes of getting in line.

I wanted to know this also and after reading all of the replies I feel like I still don't know. We have a check-in time of 11:30 am but purchased FTTF. It surely can't be the same time or what point would it be to have FTTF ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I wanted to know this also and after reading all of the replies I feel like I still don't know. We have a check-in time of 11:30 am but purchased FTTF. It surely can't be the same time or what point would it be to have FTTF ?

You can check in any time you want. You just have to choose a time but don't have to go then. I'm platinum and still have to choose a time but don't have to abide by it. I go when I want.

F2F checks in different from the "regular" crowd. Usually shorter, faster moving lines w/ less wait time. Also, your cabin is ready faster.

When I get FTTF, I get to the port by 10:30am. Drop off baggage, and check in. There is always a crowd of folks that have already checked in prior to that! So early is OK. We can usually begin boarding about 11:00 and our cabin is ready.

So I'm going to say to get there at 10 or 10:30 if you don't want to wait too long - but early time is probably ok.

When I get FTTF, I get to the port by 10:30am. Drop off baggage, and check in. There is always a crowd of folks that have already checked in prior to that! So early is OK. We can usually begin boarding about 11:00 and our cabin is ready.

So I'm going to say to get there at 10 or 10:30 if you don't want to wait too long - but early time is probably ok.

Thank you.[emoji1]