How good are the kid camps on Infinity in May to Aklaska?

Lori in AZ

I have not been on the Infinity in May to Alaska, but have been on the Mercury twice in May. There seems to be a bit of an older crowd always going to Alaska, but there are always children. My boys have always had a good time in group, including when we were in Alaska.

Lori,

We have sailed in May, sailed to Alaska, and have sailed on Infinity--but not all 3 at the same time!!!

We have taken 5 cruises with our two kids over the past 9 yrs on different Celebrity ships. Our kids are now 10 and 13 yrs old. Each time they have really enjoyed Celebrity's kids program. In our opinion, the kids program is a quiet strength with this cruise line. It is one of the primary reasons that my wife and I continue to sail with Celebrity. We have been continually impressed with their well trained staff, organized program of activities, and terrific (and large) facilities. The latter comment does not apply to the Horizon class ships because the kids rooms on both ships are sadly small. The only general weakness that I perceive is that our kids as they become teens will not find Celebrity's program and facilities as exciting as they did when they were younger and easier to please (read, they may prefer the rock wall stuff and mini-golf stuff found on Royal Carib).

The only other comment I will make is that we have had good success with the kids program whether we sailed during a heavy family cruise (holiday sailing) or when the number of kids were small (like on our Infinity cruise) because schools were still in session.

Here are some pictures of Infinity's Fun Factory that we took back in 2002: Infinity Fun Factory

Here are photos of the kids program and facilities on our Horizon cruise earlier this year which will give you an additional perspective even though it is not on Infinity: Horizon Kids Program

I also have scanned images of the daily kids program issued on Horizon for the two different age groups that our kids were in. The programs are delivered to your stateroom each evening and they outline the activities, time, and location of the activities planned for the following day. I can email the to you if you so desire (they are very large files).

Let me know if you have any questions......

Archived