Change in cancelation policy (US bookings)

BoisDore

Is this the same change discussed in this earlier thread ?

Yes, I believe this is the same change to the U.S. cancellation policy I happened to notice a few months ago and mentioned in that earlier thread I started. Always worth another reminder though so that those who may not have noticed don't get caught out next year when the changes go into effect after the 2017 world voyages.

Regards,

John

This suggests that the standard deposit for a cruise 30 nights or less in duration will become 25% of the fare (because the policy is written that the forfeiture in the month before final payment is "25% or deposit amount"); that sounds like an increase. It's been a while since I've booked other that while onboard.

We recently booked a 9 night cruise on the QE for August 2017. Our deposit was in fact 25% of the fare (not including taxes), so it looks like Underwatr has it figured out.

So definitely thanks for the heads up as I did not realize that canceling the month before final payment would also create financial penalty.

Here is the cancellation schedule in the Cunard doc for our August 11th trip.

13 APR 2017 25%

13 MAY 2017 40%

12 June 2017 50%

12 July 2017 75%

28 July 2017 100%

On a more pleasant note, I just took advantage of a special offer email (looks to be for the US) that reduced the original fare by about 20%. It was for a free upgrade, free gratuities and free drinks in the grills.

Doug

Edited by DWhit

Apologies for re-posting the topic, I'd missed it previously.

Yes, standard deposit is 25%, but Cunard often makes 'reduced deposit' promotions. I have cabins this fall that were booked over the winter with deposits of just $150 per person.