North Ridgfield Hilton Garden Inn

Schoifmom

Well, we're here and checked in and I promised an update. The hotel, as promised, is a typical Garden Inn. When we checked in, he asked for the time we wished to leave tomorrow and the time we wished to be picked up upon returning next Saturday. So, good news, it is confirmed to be round trip.

They didn't blink an eye at accommodating hunby's mobility scooter.

More updates and questions answered when we return :)

Edited by Schoifmom

Well, we're here and checked in and I promised an update. The hotel, as promised, is a typical Garden Inn. When we checked in, he asked for the time we wished to leave tomorrow and the time we wished to be picked up upon returning next Saturday. So, good news, it is confirmed to be round trip.

They didn't blink an eye at accommodating hunby's mobility scooter.

More updates and questions answered when we return :)

Thanks for reporting in. I'm glad to hear about the scooter. Have a great cruise!

Looking forward to hearing your experience. We sail on 9/18. Have hotel booked but worried about return trip. We used car service one cruise and it was very chaotic trying to meet driver. Trying to decide if we should keep reservation or just drive in and park at pier.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Return was seamless. The same driver that dropped us off picked us up. He phoned when he arrived in Manhattan and we told him right where we were. No issues at all

Thank you for your update as promised!

So pleased for you that it went as planned. I feel much better about the to/from the pier and the hotel. I hope our group of 8 will have the same experience the end of January.

Look forward to your comments about your cruise.

Were there places to eat near the hotel?

Thank you.

So pleased for you that it went as planned. I feel much better about the to/from the pier and the hotel. I hope our group of 8 will have the same experience the end of January.

Thank you.

I can't comment on restaurants. We were tired, so we had a pizza delivered.

I'll put a short review on the Carnival page early in the week. It's all laundry today :)

Thanks so much for the update. We're going to cancel our hotel in south jersey and go forward with this plan. Hope you had a wonderful cruise and aren't suffering too badly from the post cruise blues! We're looking forward to getting away on Saturday!!

Thanks so much for the update. We're going to cancel our hotel in south jersey and go forward with this plan. Hope you had a wonderful cruise and aren't suffering too badly from the post cruise blues! We're looking forward to getting away on Saturday!!

Yeah, it stinks being back at work with a new project on my desk.

Have a great cruise!! Watch for the bagpipers in Halifax, they were great!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

question, did they make you book to rooms with the park/stay deal or did you just pay extra for the 4 others? we have 7, 2 adults and 5 children. Looking to book 2 rooms, 1 package one and 1 regular one. I am assuming you have 1 car?:confused:

question, did they make you book to rooms with the park/stay deal or did you just pay extra for the 4 others? we have 7, 2 adults and 5 children. Looking to book 2 rooms, 1 package one and 1 regular one. I am assuming you have 1 car?:confused:

I would be calling the hotel midday during the week to try to speak to someone who can give you a quote for your party of 7. You can't do these unusual booking online.

Edited by 138east