Need help - Montreal Disembarkation

brlight

We leave in about 2 weeks for Quest's Boston to Montreal cruise. We plan to stay overnight in Montreal on October 1 before flying home on Oct. 2. I have read that the usual cruise passenger terminal is closed for 2016 for restoration work. If someone has recently gone from the temporary terminal to a downtown Montreal hotel, could you please let me know the best way to do this. We will have 2 suitcases each, so walking or a bus seems difficult. We could use the Seabourn transfer, but it is hundreds of dollars for a short trip. Thanks!

The expensive Seabourn transfer to which you refer is the private one. Once on board you will receive, along with general disembarkation information, information on the option of purchasing a relatively inexpensive group transfer. They usually offer one to the airport and one to the Seabourn designated hotel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We'll be disembarking in Montreal later this month on another cruise line. A local on our Roll Call posted this link with lots of info about the temporary terminal and transport options. There is a fixed price taxi transfer to YUL airport (C$53) and they may also have negotiated special fares into downtown Montreal.

http://www.port-montreal.com/en/access-to-passenger-terminal.html

We are on the same cruise also spending the night in Montreal. Won't there be taxis, since the Seabourn transfers I thought were only to the airport and a Seabourn designated hotel?

A few years ago when we disembarked in Montreal we had no problem getting a taxi. We probably could have taken the Seabourn shuttle to the airport, if they had one - honestly don't recall - since we stayed at the hotel attached to the airport given we had an early flight the next day. If you do stay at the airport hotel, which certainly was fine for 1 night, a Marriott I think, you can take a bus back into town as we did and as you travel along decide where to get off. They run on a regular schedule and, of course, there are plenty of taxis at the airport.

We leave in about 2 weeks for Quest's Boston to Montreal cruise. We plan to stay overnight in Montreal on October 1 before flying home on Oct. 2. I have read that the usual cruise passenger terminal is closed for 2016 for restoration work. If someone has recently gone from the temporary terminal to a downtown Montreal hotel, could you please let me know the best way to do this. We will have 2 suitcases each, so walking or a bus seems difficult. We could use the Seabourn transfer, but it is hundreds of dollars for a short trip. Thanks!

A local on our Roll Call posted this link with lots of info about the temporary terminal and transport options.

http://www.port-montreal.com/en/access-to-passenger-terminal.html

OP: according to the Port Montreal website above, there should be a free shuttle from the ship to Alexandra Pier in the Old Montreal area. If you should use this service, please let us know how well it works. (I'll be embarking in Montreal in October and may use this shuttle service.)