Dining Query for PG on QE (newbie question!)

Nickymmm

Morning all,

We are taking our honeymoon on QE this October. We are booked into Princess grill and on the VP, our dining option is listed as 6.30pm on a table of 6.

We are thinking we might prefer to eat later. So should we change this in advance or wait and see what happens when we get on board? We're very sociable 40-somethings so quite happy on a table with others.

Sorry for thick newbie question....I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before!

Nicky

Morning all, We are taking our honeymoon on QE this October. We are booked into Princess grill and on the VP, our dining option is listed as 6.30pm on a table of 6. We are thinking we might prefer to eat later. So should we change this in advance or wait and see what happens when we get on board? We're very sociable 40-somethings so quite happy on a table with others. Sorry for thick newbie question....I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before! Nicky
Hi Nickymmm,

In Princess Grill you can dine anytime the Princess Grill Restaurant is open, which I believe in the evenings is 6.30-9.00. Simply turn up when you are ready to dine each evening, your table will be waiting.

Congratulations on your wedding, and also taking your honeymoon on board the lovely QE.

A huge Bon Voyage!

Edited by pepperrn

According to the VP for our cruise on the 30th:

Princess Grill Restaurant

The sophisticated and intimate Princess Grill restaurant offers a virtually unrivalled dining occasion to passengers in the Princess Grill suites at a time of their choosing between 6.00pm and 9.00pm.

And there is no mention of a time to dine:

Dining Information

Princess Grill Single Seating

Table Size 2 – Requested, not confirmed

Not that 1/2 hour later will make much difference!

When we travelled PG on the QE our personaliser said we were on the first sitting at 6:30. Flexible dining times apply to all three meals, not just dinner. If you board the ship early you can have lunch in the PG.

We found the Grills facilities on the QE to be better than on the QM2, although we preferred the layout of the PG staterooms on the QM2. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise on the QE and hope you do.

Morning all,

We are taking our honeymoon on QE this October. We are booked into Princess grill and on the VP, our dining option is listed as 6.30pm on a table of 6.

We are thinking we might prefer to eat later. So should we change this in advance or wait and see what happens when we get on board? We're very sociable 40-somethings so quite happy on a table with others.

Sorry for thick newbie question....I'm sure this has been asked a billion times before!

Nicky

You may dine there anytime from 6:30 to 9PM. The food was excellent. I do hear that the food choices are becoming somewhat more limited. That's a shame. We used to be able to order off menu pretty easily. Now it's not so easy(no longer mentioned in our brochures)At least the Queen's Grill still gives you the option. For the prices, they certainly should!

Grills always show as 6:30pm. For that matter, so do some other lines with suite dining. I suspect it's because the booking software isn't smart enough to recognise the flexible dining.

Turn up whenever you want. If you arrive one minute before official closing time you'll still get fed and the staff will service you as long as you are there. It's a bit rude though.

At the other side of the equation, the Grills become very busy immedaitely after the captain's meet & greet or any of the other glass of fizz events. Unless you are desperate to pay over the odds for a photo with the main man/woman, give it a miss and turn up to eat early. It is much apprecaited and you'll get well looked after.