First time cruiser, San Juan port

Shample1

We are on the Carnival Fascination. Cruising in February. I see check in is at 2:30. Can we drop off our luggage any sooner than than? I would like to explore with hauling our luggage around. We will fly into San Juan the night before we leave. Thanks for any info ;)

I have never been on a Carnival cruise, or been to San Juan, but I would guess you could drop off your luggage sooner than 2:30. A lot likely depends upon when the ship comes into port from the previous cruise, and how easy it is to get into the port area to drop off your luggage. I'm sure others who have more experience in that area than I do can answer this question better.

Something else you could consider is if you are going to be staying at a hotel before you cruise in Puerto Rico, you can always ask if they can hold your luggage, most will. Also, you may be able to book a third-party excursion that will hold your luggage while you take an excursion before boarding. Many cruise lines also provide pre-cruise excursions. Those are options you could consider, as well.

Lastly, you may be able to find your specific cruise in the Carnival Roll Call, and see what others may be planning to do, or to see if anyone has any suggestions. It's a great way to get to know fellow passengers, and see what they're planning to do!

We are on the Carnival Fascination. Cruising in February. I see check in is at 2:30. Can we drop off our luggage any sooner than than? I would like to explore with hauling our luggage around. We will fly into San Juan the night before we leave. Thanks for any info ;)

We did this cruise in 2014 and again November 2016 since we don't leave until 10pm what i will be doing is checking out of the hotel walking to the cruise terminal checking in all my luggage including carry-on around 11am if is not crowded i will check in go eat lunch then spend about 1 hour checking the boat out then disembark and tour parts of OLD SAN JUAN i may have missed then be back by 6pm to start my cruise vacation.