How to Get Beer into your Cabin?

cdngooner

This is exactly what we do. Go to a bar, order a beer, bring to the room. Go to another bar, order a beer, bring it to the room. You can build a nice little collection of beers in no time! 99% of the time, when I ordered a beer, and gave the bar tender a dollar, they were more than happy to leave the cap on for us.

You don't need to go to them room between purchases.

You don't need to go to them room between purchases.

We've been on several NCL cruises. Some with UBP, some without. We like our beer too.

What we have noticed, is that when in port, we have never been prevented from bringing a 6 pack of the local brew on board. As a matter of fact, I have boarded while drinking a local beer, and passing it past security (officer on the other side) who held it for me while I run my "booty" through the scanners.

Now, this could be luck of the draw, or my charming personality (I'd bet on the former...). When drinking off-brand beer, be discreet. We always use coozies and throw our empties directly into the recycle bin.

Also - not applicable to UBP, but interesting. The beer buckets are provided unopened. You can take them anywhere on the ship. The partial bucket usually winds up in the shower at days end (condensation, etc). 9 times out of 10, the steward will top the bucket off with ice when they make up the room the next morning.

It isn't hard to build up a bit of a stash.

Hope that helps.

We've been on several NCL cruises. Some with UBP, some without. We like our beer too.

What we have noticed, is that when in port, we have never been prevented from bringing a 6 pack of the local brew on board. As a matter of fact, I have boarded while drinking a local beer, and passing it past security (officer on the other side) who held it for me while I run my "booty" through the scanners.

You are no longer allowed to bring any drinks of any kind aboard.

We have UBP too.

We like to have a cocktail or two in our room sometimes too. On other lines I have ordered a bottle of vodka for our room (at an exorbitant price) for the convenience of not having leave the room to get a drink. Also a mixed cocktail gets all watery if I want to save it for later.

I could only find wines for sale on ncl site. Anyone know if NCL sells bottles of liquor for in-cabin consumption?

Order a martini and then take it back to cabin and pour over ice, no watered down drink:D

If you make friends with a good bartender they generally won't even care.

Then just go up and ask for a few unopened bottles and give your card - easy!

Some staff will get a bit funny and enforce the one drink per transaction rule (boo!), but if you make friends with a bartender they'll let you order 5+ drinks in one go if you want (as long as you're not handing them out to people without C&C or UBP).

Same with "weak" drinks - just ask them to make it stronger and they'll pour in howver much you like. I saw people order Whiskey & Cokes that were 3/4 full of Jack Daniels.

Edited by Delmol