Random thoughts on the Glory--great cruise August 27th

nycruise1

It always amazes me how people are able to write such detailed reviews, but I can provide general thoughts and impressions. This was my 14th cruise and 10th on Carnival so I have some basis for comparison. First, this ship even though built in 2003 and the second oldest in the Conquest class, is in pristine condition. The last drydock must have been very complete. I saw no wear or areas needing repair like on other ships. For embarkation, the terminal was practically empty in Miami. We had checked in at the airport and was able to board just after noon. I was told by people that they really did limit check in to assigned times which helped. I enjoyed everything about the cruise and cannot think of anything bad to say except the twister waterslide was very slow, to the point of getting stuck on it midway, whether kids or adults. I was impressed that I reported this to guest services and later that day when I saw one of the bosses on deck and mentioned it he already knew of it and that they had a work order for it. He said they take guest requests very seriously and that they were looking at the water pump but unfortunately nothing would happen before they arrived back to Miami. Still I mention something at guest services and instead if it falling into a black hole they are getting right on it! Cruise director Eric Bauman was GREAT. He is taking vacation soon so if you see him on this or another ship when he is back, enjoy.

Any questions, just ask! :)

Thank you for your impressions. We are sailing on Glory on April 29, 2017 (our first Carnival cruise) and understand that she will be in drydock a couple of months prior to that so perhaps the water slide issue will be addressed. I'm glad to hear she is in great shape though...we cannot wait to get on board!

• 1 month later...
Thank you for your impressions. We are sailing on Glory on April 29' date=' 2017 (our first Carnival cruise) and understand that she will be in drydock a couple of months prior to that so perhaps the water slide issue will be addressed. I'm glad to hear she is in great shape though...we cannot wait to get on board![/quote']

I will be on the Glory the week before so I am also hoping they add another waterslide and a ropes course.

Glad to read this, even though the 8 of us will not be cruising until March 2017.

I have cruised many ships over the 26 years, and generally wind up coming back to Carnival. We are doing the eastern direction as well, and having to be on a budget, 4 inner rooms on deck 8.

Any opinion you or anyone else might want to give, it would be appreciate.

Do they have anything like Love & Marriage shows like they used to. What would you say is something we NEED to see on this ship?