weather in October in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Montego bay

mynameisnotseth

I've read the lows are 75 and the highs are 80 or 85. Is that true from your experience. Also is it typically cloudy then or does it rain much during the end of October. I imagine 75 to 80 degree weather puts the water on the colder side. Any wisdom you can shine my direction about the weather in the areas in late October would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We have been in Cayman and Cozumel (never Montego Bay) once in late October and also twice in November and the highs were in the mid to upper 80's. We have had rain once in Cozumel, but it cleared by mid morning. We did the beach twice in Cozumel and the water was not at all cold.

Edited by flyersfan1129

I've read the lows are 75 and the highs are 80 or 85. Is that true from your experience. Also is it typically cloudy then or does it rain much during the end of October. I imagine 75 to 80 degree weather puts the water on the colder side. Any wisdom you can shine my direction about the weather in the areas in late October would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What you've read is accurate. I've been lucky with cruises and vacations during hurricane season, which includes October.

As long as there aren't any tropical systems, waves, or depressions lurking about, you should be able to enjoy your cruise. If something pops up a few days before you sail, be flexible and know that your Captain will choose the best route for you.

Hi,

Not sure why you'd think that the water would be cold with air temps in the 80s?? I didn't think it was cold at all.

You are cruising during hurricane season so there is always the chance of rain but generally ships will change course if there is a real hurricane and not just a plain rain storm

We were at those ports last October and it was just lovely!!

In October Cayman air temps are mid to upper 80's with overnight lows around 80. Water temps are also mid 80s. October brings some of the warmest water of the year.

Water takes a long time to heat up and a long time to give off that heat. So water temperatures trail peak air temp by a couple months.

http://www.holiday-weather.com/grand_cayman/averages/

October is probably the rainiest month, though that is mostly from the occasional tropical wave rather than daily rains.

Edited by drew sailbum