Passports - Anyone used an online agency to expedite????

MISSYLOU

We are cruising Nov 26, 05 and due to my mother in laws sudden passing we would like to take our father in law with us but he does not have a passport. The cruise stops in Isla Margarita, Venezuela so a passport is needed.

Has anyone used one of the online agencies who will expedite the passport application for a fee?????

We are cruising Nov 26, 05 and due to my mother in laws sudden passing we would like to take our father in law with us but he does not have a passport. The cruise stops in Isla Margarita, Venezuela so a passport is needed.

Has anyone used one of the online agencies who will expedite the passport application for a fee?????

huh? on-line agency?

never heard of such a thing. maybe someone will chime in and "educate" us, but sounds bogus.

even if it turns out to be "legitimate", then it is very likely they charge you for things you could EASILY do yourself

all the info you need is at the "official" USA passport website

http://travel.state.gov/passport/

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the "expedited service" thru an officIal US agency, states that you get it back in 2 weeks. we had to do use this service about 2 years ago, and rcvd the passport back in less then 5 business days.

Second EDIT: or, if you still can not figure it out, just go to your local "acceptance site" on Monday. --> http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/

I used one of these services in 2001 when our passports were lost by the post office as they were being returned from getting visas for China and we were within 4 weeks of leaving. The expediter turned in the paperwork in Washington to get the new passports, then was supposed to walk them to the Chinese consulate for the visas. They srewed up and never picked up the passports that were ready. Meanwhile, the lost passports showed up in the mail 24 hours before we were due to leave with valid Chinese visas but having been reported as lost so they had been cancelled. Calls to the state department emergency hotline got it all worked out with hours to spare.

When I disputed the charges with Am Ex, the expediter had the nerve to say they did their job-they got new passports issued. But they never sent them to us. I did not have to pay.

You have time to do it yourself with the post office extra fee for fast service. You'll get it in 1 week or so.

Susie

I just applied for my first passport at the end of September, paid the extra fee, took it to the post office, and received it within one week.

You can check the website: http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/first/first_832.html

This will tell you places to apply, you can complete the app on line, and print it out, have it all ready to go when you get to the post office.

Archived