Resolutions Dept no help

I am in the states also. Online would not let me purchase. Support staff stated I should be able to purchase but for some unknown reason I can't and they stated there is nothing I nor they can due other than wait for new rates/packages tomorrow. No alcohol packages request both traveling are well over 21.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

I believe that if you call them tomorrow, you should be able to work out and purchase the package that you want.

Sometimes the weekend at Royal Caribbean can be a bit of a lose cannon.

Come back and let us know how you were able to resolve your issue.

By the way, welcome to Cruise Critic.

Rick

I am in the states also. Online would not let me purchase. Support staff stated I should be able to purchase but for some unknown reason I can't and they stated there is nothing I nor they can due other than wait for new rates/packages tomorrow. No alcohol packages request both traveling are well over 21.

Brandy & Rod

Sent from my iPhone

you are not booked in a boardwalk balcony or Central Park balcony are you?

Bill

Maybe I missed something here - but what would it matter what cabin/balcony they were booked in?

Since OP is sailing on Oasis next May they would be entitled to a free drink package if they were booked in a boardwalk balcony or a Central Park balcony.

I asked in case they were booked in one because maybe it wouldn't let them book one because they were already getting the soda package free.

Just taking a stab in the dark, ya never know what the minds at RCI are thinking.

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

Since OP is sailing on Oasis next May they would be entitled to a free drink package if they were booked in a boardwalk balcony or a Central Park balcony.

I asked in case they were booked in one because maybe it wouldn't let them book one because they were already getting the soda package free.

Just taking a stab in the dark, ya never know what the minds at RCI are thinking.

Bill

I could totally see that scenario happening.

One other tip to try that I saw in another thread. You didn't describe the exact error you're getting, but this might help.

If you select it to add to cart for some reason the error message pops up. However, if you look at your cart it will actually show it's been added. Just click on the cart after you get error message and click on check out and you will be able to pay for it.

My guess is that the beverage packages weren't available for purchase yet for your cruise. I have a cruise booked and we haven't been able to purchase yet.

If your cruise used to have the beverage packages available and then took them down in order to switch them over, there isn't anything you can do about that, you just missed the boat (if what you're attempting to do was buy the premium package at the cheaper price in order to get the free upgrade to the deluxe tomorrow). I don't think that's an issue for the resolutions department, I think it's an issue of you waiting too long to make your purchase and it got "sold out." Now you'll have to wait for the new packages to be released like everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Bill

Thanks for answering that. I had no idea what that meant.

D'oh! Sorry. I'm in the country of Texas so not aware there are people elsewhere, hehehe. Sorry about that, stupid of me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

LOL, no problems. I hear the country of Texas is a great place to visit, and often recommended to include a stopover after visiting the USA [emoji12][emoji1360]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk