Payment Due Dates

stleda124

Hello all! I need help with a Celebrity cruise booking made with threw a TA. Do they allow you to extend your due date for a month?

I would like answers from people with experience. I understand that I should be able to afford it if I'm going on a cruise. But with certain situations, I will need some time

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, the due date is set by the cruise line. If final payment is not made by the deadline you lose your booking. Since the deadline is normally about 90 days before the cruise you could always cancel your reservation and rebook the cruise a month later. The price might be different, however, and you will have a smaller selection of cabins to choose from.

Hello all! I need help with a Celebrity cruise booking made with threw a TA. Do they allow you to extend your due date for a month?

I would like answers from people with experience. I understand that I should be able to afford it if I'm going on a cruise. But with certain situations, I will need some time

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would Advise that you speak to your TA, they may have a payment date that is earlier than the cruise line need the payment. We book direct with celebrity in the UK and out payment date is always 56 days before travel.

Hope that you manage to arrange something

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, both the TA and the cruise line have the ability to extend your final payment due date.

But whether or not they are willing to do so is another matter.

Travel agents usually assign their own final payment date that is earlier than the cruise line's actual payment due date, to give themselves some extra wiggle room, just in case.

I have no way of knowing whether or not your TA will be willing to give you a final payment date extension.

Why not just call your TA and ask.

In any case, it seems unlikely that either the TA or the cruise line would be willing to extend the final due date by an entire month.

A few days, or even a week would be more reasonable, if you have a good reason for requesting an extension.

The longest payment due date extension that Celebrity has given us was a week, and that was because they had a very good reason to do so, caused by a problem that was not our fault.

Contact and ask, certainly do not just let the date pass or they will simply cancel on you. Owing to an error (not ours) we once had a cruise cancelled on us a couple of days post final payment we were able to sort but it was very scary....

Can your bank, credit card company or friend or family member help out? Banks are often more accommodating than you expect when a very short term overdraft is required.

Can your bank, credit card company or friend or family member help out? Banks are often more accommodating than you expect when a very short term overdraft is required.

Good suggestions!

An easy way to gain that extra month without even needing to request a final date extension or incurring any additional charges at all is to pay the final balance due for the cruise with a credit card on the final payment date.

That buys another month, or even up to 2 months (depending on the credit card billing cycle), before actually needing to come up with any money.

But if the poster does not have a credit card (a possibility for someone who has money problems), your suggestion of asking a friend or family member for help would certainly be worth pursuing.

It would cost them nothing at all to put the payment on their own credit card, as long as they know the poster to be an honest and trustworthy person who really would pay them the money by their next payment due date.

That would be a win-win solution as the family member or friend would gain the bonus cash back reward or travel miles from their credit card company, while the poster would avoid the hassles of needing to apply for a loan or pay interest or penalty charges.

I would never ever ask a relative to loan me money for a month just so i could go on a cruise. Bad business. I never have loaned any but never been asked either. Dont loan it unless you can afford to give it away. Just causes hard feelings in the end.do the credit card thing.or talk to ta or cruise line. I doubt cruise lines would do that theyd have due dates all over the board.