Queues on Navigator

beanozak

Were we just unlucky but we are just off Navigator on Sunday and I have a few issues. Every time we went to eat in the Spaphire MTD restaurant we had to queue, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sometimes 10 minutes sometimes longer, is this normal? The weather in Norway was awful, heavy rain cold and sometimes foggy. I am not blaming RCI for the weather, we have to get off the ship on deck 1. Not all the lifts went to deck1 so getting to the deck was not always easy, I can't go down stairs as I am in a wheelchair. I think because the weather was so bad people were not staying off the ship long at one time we queued for 40 minutes in the rain to get back on the ship. People were getting very short tempered with people with children and pushchairs thought they should have priority. I don't know if this is normal for Navigator or we were just unlucky. By the end of our cruise I was so cross about all the queuing I was thinking, why am I spending all this money to que, perhaps this will be my last cruise. What do you think went wrong.

Did you have MTD Reservations?

Waits are common because if the entire ship turned up for dinner at the same time there'd be no tables

I don't think what you've described is normal for the Navigator as a whole but it's more human nature unfortunately with people thinking they're more entitled than the next person

I was also on the Norway Cruise and aside from the one stop at Skjolden I was lucky enough to miss the queues. We had the late dinner seating and we turned up on time without needing to queue at all. Breakfast and lunch at the MDR had small queues lasting a couple of minutes but I felt the crew did their best to get everyone seated quite quickly. We would wait a few mins more as we wanted a table for two for breakfast (not that social in the morning!!!)

I have been on other ships that are docked next to a RCCL Beehive of the Seas. We have always noticed the long lines of passengers waiting to get back on board in any port that those ships were present when we were there.

The back up is probably due to the nonavailability of enough elevators to carry the passengers up to other decks. My theory is based on the problems we had on our one cruise on a Voyager class ship in which the back ups getting onto the ship and then waiting for an elevator to go up to other decks was long and frustrating.

We were also on the Norway cruise and had late seating for dinner which we never had to queue for. The only time we did queue was for breakfast in the dining room but it was only 10 mins at most. Preferred that to wandering round and round trying to find a table in the Windjammer. We too were lucky to miss any queues on boarding at the ports apart from Skjolden which was not great in the pouring rain. Agree on some of the lifts not stopping on Deck 1 which was annoying, they need to address that and make it more accessible for those who can not use the stairs. Yes, the weather was disappointing but we made the most of it and enjoyed our vacation on a still beautiful ship :)