Dawn Suite

pyrotaz

First time in a suite. Just wondering what some of the things you have asked the Butler to do for you? Also I'm aware as a suite perk we get afternoon treats. Just wondering some of the treats you relieved were? Would it be ok to make a list of things we like and give it to the butler on arrival? Example anything chocolate but no seafood items. We are in suite 11060 cruising 10/07/2016

First time in a suite. Just wondering what some of the things you have asked the Butler to do for you? Also I'm aware as a suite perk we get afternoon treats. Just wondering some of the treats you relieved were? Would it be ok to make a list of things we like and give it to the butler on arrival? Example anything chocolate but no seafood items. We are in suite 11060 cruising 10/07/2016

I asked the butler for gummy bears (to soak in rum, lol) and he brought them to me. He also brought me cream for my coffee (I hate the small individual creamers). I told him to skip the small canapés that they bring, told him I would prefer sandwich quarters, which he brought. We were in a deluxe owners suite which came with three bottles of alcohol, I asked him to switch out one bottle which he did with no problem.

If your butlers name is Dominic, then you have one of the best!!

The butlers will also deliver and set up in suite meals for you. We have only done this with breakfast, he will come and put down a table cloth and set up the food, he doesn't actually serve you.

We have not made a list - however we might this time:) DW needs her M&Ms :D

One thing you might consider is changing rooms - 11060 is under part of the pool deck and there have been reports of hearing deck chairs being picked up and moved both at night and early in the morning.

I asked the butler for gummy bears (to soak in rum, lol) and he brought them to me. He also brought me cream for my coffee (I hate the small individual creamers). I told him to skip the small canapés that they bring, told him I would prefer sandwich quarters, which he brought. We were in a deluxe owners suite which came with three bottles of alcohol, I asked him to switch out one bottle which he did with no problem.

Totally agree about Dominic he was the best. Had him 8/12 on Dawn and he made our trip.:D

Have you joined the Roll Call for this cruise?

Come on over!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146706

Just got back last week.

Be sure to eat the chocolate covered strawberries right away! We made the mistake of "saving" them for later in the evening, and when we returned the chocolate had separated from the strawberries and was all grainy and mealy.

I love them, but from now on I will make them disappear as soon as I get them!

The flowers were much lovelier this time than the last time we were in a suite on the Dawn.

If that's a Bermuda trip, you will want to keep your sheers drawn because that sun will heat up the room in an instant!

My dw and I just got off the Dawn yesterday and we had Dominic. You are correct. He's the best we've ever had when cruising in a suite. He sat down with us the first day and went over all our likes and dislikes. He would speak with us each day to see what we needed. Some days not much, other times we wanted extra snacks. He always brought what we requested. I hate waste. His best quality is he listens. He is definitely amazing.

I was in 11060 this past week, we enjoyed the room. Joseph was our butler, he was nice. We had breakfast delivered to the room each morning and had lunch delivered a couple of times. He brought afternoon snacks each day but we all have food restrictions (that were noted) and the snacks were often only edible by one of us at a time except for the day when we received a food item that my son is deadly allergic to and I had him just come remove the plate.

I never noticed deck chair noise but I did hear the pool deck music and revelry a bit more than I would have liked while on the balcony. And occasionally I think I was hearing shuffleboard from below, little clanging noises and people cheering sometimes. The noises were just enough to slightly annoy while sitting and looking out at the view but not enough to distract me while I was reading and into my book.

Overall we were happy with the room but if I got a balcony on that floor again I would go further forward or back to avoid the pool noise. But for many people that is probably a non-issue because I think most spend more time out of the room than I do. I'm a hermit. ;)

We stayed in the Garden Villa on the 8/12 sailing to Bermuda. Our butler was Made. He was very quiet and reserved, but pleasant. Our requests were few, but one afternoon, my two teenaged sons invited some friends to play board games in the suite. They called him and asked for chocolate ice cream, which he brought to them. Otherwise, he brought afternoon snacks daily (usually sandwiches, a fruit platter, and some type of sweet treat.) When he noticed how quickly the chocolate chip cookies disappeared, he brought those more often. Oh how we miss him now that we are back to real life!

We stayed in the Garden Villa on the 8/12 sailing to Bermuda. Our butler was Made. He was very quiet and reserved, but pleasant. Our requests were few, but one afternoon, my two teenaged sons invited some friends to play board games in the suite. They called him and asked for chocolate ice cream, which he brought to them. Otherwise, he brought afternoon snacks daily (usually sandwiches, a fruit platter, and some type of sweet treat.) When he noticed how quickly the chocolate chip cookies disappeared, he brought those more often. Oh how we miss him now that we are back to real life!

Did you happen to see the other GV, specifically the living room?

Has anybody seen the revamped menus for Cagney's breakfast and lunch??

Unless they have revamped them again recently, they had them on our POA trip in March and I've seen a couple posts floating around here with pics. Do a search for "Cagney" and you should be able to find them.

Apparently the Dawn just went under renovation in June of this year and Norwegian has changed all the menus to match that of the escape . Those menus are posted pretty much all over the web. The only thing that I can't find are the menus for breakfast and lunch for Cagney's.

We did not see the other villa, only our own. Sorry!

A wild guess in that there are only two GVs on the DAWN Deck 14 that the other one would be a MIRROR IMAGE - EGAMI RORRIM !

AND about that piano - I don't know if that plays tunes in reverse - that would be interesting !

Edited by don't-use-real-name

A wild guess in that there are only two GVs on the DAWN Deck 14 that the other one would be a MIRROR IMAGE - EGAMI RORRIM !

AND about that piano - I don't know if that plays tunes in reverse - that would be interesting !

That is pretty much how they were before but from one little pic of the other living room the couch in there still has me stumped. The one on the right side has a full size couch kind of like before. The pic I've seen of the left side one looked like it had three cheap oversized cushion chairs like you'd have in a college dorm.

I would love to do something like this!. was it a good itinary? Did you manage to do any tours?

Yes great time and the suites are awesome. In terms of the itinerary I suppose it depends on which cruise you take...there are many different ones.