Eurodam ocean bar live band for ballroom dancing???

Cruizann

My travel agent was just on one of the refurbished ships, may have been Eurodam. He said there have been significant changes in music, some dance floors removed. The BB King group was apparently very popular but not danceable. He himself doesn't dance but has organized several dance groups and knows what we like, said it wouldn't be suitable for me and won't be taking any more dance groups on board. So any ship which has BB King on board likely has no dancing.

My travel agent was just on one of the refurbished ships, may have been Eurodam. He said there have been significant changes in music, some dance floors removed. The BB King group was apparently very popular but not danceable. He himself doesn't dance but has organized several dance groups and knows what we like, said it wouldn't be suitable for me and won't be taking any more dance groups on board. So any ship which has BB King on board likely has no dancing.
<emphasis added>

So not true. The B.B.King group plays in the Queen's Lounge (on those ships which have one). There is a small dance floor and, if you like blues and R&B, you're welcome to dance. But the Ocean Bar is still the main "ballroom" dance venue with "The Band" playing nightly. The Crow's Nest will also host a DJ for those whose dance choices are more "modern" than mine!

When we were on the Eurodam this past July, there wasn't any ballroom dancing on the ship. I didn't see any dancing other than in the Queens Lounge where BB King played. We danced every night, I guess you could maybe do a salsa or swing to some of their songs. They played great music, mostly wedding type dance songs that people of all ages could dance to. My friends were disappointed that the ballroom dancing was gone, one of them won the Dancing with the Stars contest in her last cruise.

I checked my dailies, I didn't see any other bands playing where you could dance. Maybe we missed it, but our dancing group would have found an alternate location to dance if there was one.

I had happy hour in the Ocean Bar several times, I never saw a dance floor or band.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SLOTheta

How very disappointing. My DH and I have just finished ballroom dance classes, the waltz, rhumba, swing, samba, tango, foxtrot, cha cha and how much fun we had. We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in January and there was a wonderful band for ballroom dancing in the Ocean Bar. We have booked the transatlantic on the eurodam and were so looking forward to dancing our way across the atlantic. Thank you for the information.

How very disappointing. My DH and I have just finished ballroom dance classes, the waltz, rhumba, swing, samba, tango, foxtrot, cha cha and how much fun we had. We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in January and there was a wonderful band for ballroom dancing in the Ocean Bar. We have booked the transatlantic on the eurodam and were so looking forward to dancing our way across the atlantic. Thank you for the information.

You could still dance away! I saw people doing all sorts of dancing. Even if it's not the traditional music you'd want, the counts are similar with many songs.

Have fun and don't worry about other people, dance your heart out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cruizann. We just got off the Rotterdam and did quite a bit of dancing: waltz, rhumba, swing, tango, foxtrot, cha cha and other styles that we adapted the music to. "The Band" was playing on the Ocean Bar and played a lot of foxtrot music; but they did regularly ask the dancers for requests. There were requests for waltz and rhumba, which was quickly fulfilled. We asked for Argentine tango, and they played a tango piece instead. But, a few nights later, they did played an Argentine tango piece: libertango. Assuming that the band on the Eurodam is similar, you should be fine.

My travel agent was on the Eurodam. His description pretty much agrees with SLOTheta. It's certainly possible to dance to off-tempo music, but hardly enjoyable, I doubt there'll be much variety.

What part of Ontario are you from? There are several of us from Toronto going with Stardust on Deliziosa in January, I know of several people from (North Bay?) later in February. Do you know Cecilia from Ottawa, she helps organise dance cruises?

Edited by Dancer Bob

Here we go with another topic that seems to vary from cruise to cruise. On July Alaska Cruise on Westerdam, The Band, actually a combo, played every night in the Ocean Bar and we observed people dancing. The times they played varied from night to night. Hope you have the chance to enjoy them.

Here we go with another topic that seems to vary from cruise to cruise. On July Alaska Cruise on Westerdam, The Band, actually a combo, played every night in the Ocean Bar and we observed people dancing. The times they played varied from night to night. Hope you have the chance to enjoy them.

Thanks for this info! From another thread it sounds like the Band in the OB on Westerdam as she does Alaska right now is good. So our fingers are all crossed that they will still be onboard when we are in October. A good day on a ship includes as much time on the dance floor as possible!