Viking Sky

palermo22

Cruisemapper.com shows the first sailing on February 25, 2017, Rome to Barcelona, 8 days. It isn't always accurate but at least I was able to find that sailing being sold on the Viking website.

Based on how it happened with the SEA this past March, the ship will be handed over without much fanfare in early to mid-February and sailed to Venice where she will pick up her first passengers (invited guests) before sailing to Rome to pick up her first paid guests.

When I was talking to Viking accounting department, the fellow there said Sky's christening was scheduled for May, 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better chance of good weather in May, I guess. Did he say where?

The Sea was turned over in March, 2016 but not christened until May (in London and with much fanfare) even though she had already been carrying passengers for over a month.

When I was talking to Viking accounting department, the fellow there said Sky's christening was scheduled for May, 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still assuming that embarking and christening are two separate events (since our Barcelona, Baltic and Beyond is still listed on the Viking page as embarking on 4/15/2017). If it weren't for the fantastic air deal that we have (on our own - and, yes, we have insurance) - I would be perfectly happy to embark a month later.

We have book the pre-cruise two night in Venice prior to our Christmas cruise of the Mediterranean. I was dismayed by your transfer in Frankfurt as well as the trip from the Venice Airport to the Venice Hilton. I thought Viking would take care of all transfers once one arrives at the Venice airport. Can you clarify if you had the Viking pre-cruise package?

We have book the pre-cruise two night in Venice prior to our Christmas cruise of the Mediterranean. I was dismayed by your transfer in Frankfurt as well as the trip from the Venice Airport to the Venice Hilton. I thought Viking would take care of all transfers once one arrives at the Venice airport. Can you clarify if you had the Viking pre-cruise package?

I think that person you are directing your question to has posted his story in a different thread.

If you have booked your air through Viking, it includes transfers in Venice, airport to hotel to ship. If you have booked your own air, Viking says you can ask about purchasing transfers through them.