Question for recent Escape cruisers re: mosquitoes

zestyzorra

To paraphrase any decent comedian, which I'm not claiming to be, "Once a topic is off limits, everything is off limits." Just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean someone else won't. Not all humor is in good taste, nor should it be.

I thought it was great and if someone can't see the humor in what was originally posted they need to get a life.

You seem to have a great sense of humor. Google "microcephaly" if you want some real laughs.

I mean, birth defects are pretty funny, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP stated Zika was of no concern to her, she simply did not want to get bitten by mosquitos. The poster you first responded to was simply joking about being carried off by mosquitos, something we all do. So there was no reason for you to bring up the birth effects of Zika in response to his comment, as this is not a thread about Zika, at least it wasn't before the political correctness police came out.

So because mosquitos CAN carry Zika, we can no longer make a joke about mosquitos?:confused:. But, Optimus, you did go a little out of bounds with your response about microcephaly pictures being funny, IMO.

Unless you are doing a rain forest hike, mosquitos are rare sightings, unlike my own backyard. Mosquito eradication efforts are in full swing in most cruise ports. You are in port during the day and it is hot as blazes. Any remaining mosquitos are sleeping in a nice cool shady spot far from the concrete. I think your worries are a bit overblown.

I don't know if Belize is on the Escape's itinerary, but we did the Lamanai ruins in December of 2014. I wore one of those insect repellant wristbands on my right arm, which was fine. On my left arm, however, I counted 21 bites. (Including the tip of my finger- talk about annoying!) :eek:

Mosquitoes "generally" come out at night. And certainly when the ship is moving I doubt you will ever see one. But I have to say the statement that you dont want to ever get bitten? thats seriously strange. Where do you live? Not trying to start anything but maybe thats really not what you meant? Apart from living in a bubble there is no way you will "never" get bitten in a warm climate such as the Carribean