Captain on Arcadia

heathcharnock

Does anyone know who is currently Captain on Arcadia

John

Hi John, Used to be you could see who was Captain and Entertainment Director but not so transparent now. I've just caught up with the change in internet pricing - not liking what I've read. The minutes worked for me. We were on Britannia in May and minutes still applied. Katrina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi John, Used to be you could see who was Captain and Entertainment Director but not so transparent now. I've just caught up with the change in internet pricing - not liking what I've read. The minutes worked for me. We were on Britannia in May and minutes still applied. Katrina

If you can use multiple devices what's stopping people sharing the code and sharing the cost? Especially if you're travelling with friends?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can use multiple devices what's stopping people sharing the code and sharing the cost? Especially if you're travelling with friends?

I have my doubts you can use multiple devices!!. I think it might be tethered to one. I usually travel with smart phone, iPad and MacBook and access across all 3 depending on what I want to do. I fear I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms!

As I understand it, Florry, you can use up to 3 devices, but only one at once. On another recent thread, though, someone said if you connect a portable router (I think that's what is was) as the main device, you can then use as many as you like when you like. Personally I'm trying to encourage the kids to stay off their phones and tablets!

But he goes off shortly and will not be back until 19th December, so he tols us at the Baltic Lunch. Very pleasant chap, but not passenger orientated. This is his first ship as captain

That doesn't bode well for the World cruise then. We will have a Captain, an Ents manager and a deputy Ents manager all who are not passenger orientated.

Sue

• Haha 1

That doesn't bode well for the World cruise then. We will have a Captain, an Ents manager and a deputy Ents manager all who are not passenger orientated.

Sue

They would surely ensure the Ents manager etc has a couple of cruises under his belt before the world Cruise which is P & O's jewel in the crown.!!

They would surely ensure the Ents manager etc has a couple of cruises under his belt before the world Cruise which is P & O's jewel in the crown.!!

Oh he has plenty of cruises under his belt it is just that he doesn't appear to enjoy them any more. You will see him most nights at the theatre door and announcing the acts but other than that his interaction with pax is only noticeable by his absence.

Oh he has plenty of cruises under his belt it is just that he doesn't appear to enjoy them any more. You will see him most nights at the theatre door and announcing the acts but other than that his interaction with pax is only noticeable by his absence.

That's such a shame. Enthusiasm is contagious both within his team and the pax and we want a fun time!!.

We found him to be a very nice chap last month, chatting and joking did not rush us in fact told us to take our time with photos etc, he even had a few drinks.

Plus I will never understand why it matters who the captain is..?

60597f0128a76ce411f230c6c00de396.jpg8dc4981be28085ca94ccf28026c5219d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

We found him to be a very nice chap last month, chatting and joking did not rush us in fact told us to take our time with photos etc, he even had a few drinks.

60597f0128a76ce411f230c6c00de396.jpg8dc4981be28085ca94ccf28026c5219d.jpg

What lovely photos. A wedding?. I'm with you on stressing about who the captain is. It's not as if we have a lot of interaction with him/her.

What lovely photos. A wedding?. I'm with you on stressing about who the captain is. It's not as if we have a lot of interaction with him/her.

Thanks, it was a surprise Wedding renewal my wife did not know a thing until 2 hours before [emoji15]

b18ce52d8d9f64b530a1a75af0504ad8.jpg

291e8635c30721e3c44982884190e89b.jpg

Thanks, it was a surprise Wedding renewal my wife did not know a thing until 2 hours before [emoji15]

b18ce52d8d9f64b530a1a75af0504ad8.jpg

291e8635c30721e3c44982884190e89b.jpg

So romantic. And your family all there too. K

<snipped photo>

I think a good captain should result in a happy and well-motivated crew, which the passengers will see the benefit of. As to what could happen with a really bad captain, we have what happened to the Costa Concordia to remind us, not just the misjudgement leading to the initial grounding but how matters were handled afterwards.

• 2 years later...