Magic cabin 6414 and 6416

dorisdvu

I've booked my first balcony cabin (6414) and friends are in 6416 and am excited. From what I understand, the balconies have a divider between them. The divider on these balconies can be removed if you ask the cabin steward. Is this correct? When this is done you basically have 1 balcony or are there any of dividers that would prohibit you from accessing the other balcony? Also, I believe these cabins overlook deck 5. Am I going to be disappointed in this "view" rather than the just have the ocean to view?

I think your correct on the dividers.As for the view you have to look further out to enjoy the ocean. If you're a people watcher your in good shape, but they can see you as well. The noise factor of those cabins may concern you even more. People can hear you ,and you can hear them while your out on the balcony.

Good morning,

Since your rooms aren't connecting you should be able to have the divider opened and share balcony space.

As pointed out you did choose a cabin area that will have activity below most of the day and night. That being said, if you are seated on your balcony people can't see you, but when you stand you and those in the hot tubs will have a direct line of sight between you, so not much privacy.

If you are a people person you will get lots of entertainment and interaction while out on your deck. And the location is convenient to elevators and stairs.

Have a good trip.

Sorry to say the divider between 6414 and 6416 doesn't open. The connection is to the cabins opposite them. Here's the info on 6414:

6414 8B 185/35 = 220 sq ft

Beds: twin/king-single sofa bed-1 upper

View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 6412

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: Interactive flat-screen TV, telephone, 110 AC current, individual climate control, hair dryer, safe, mini fridge, 3-closets, sofa and coffee table

Balcony Features: 2 patio chairs and table

Your view will only be "obstructed" if you want to look straight down. Noise will be minimal unless there's a pop-up party right below you.

I was looking into the same sort of thing. What StolidCruiser posted I think is the official fact sheet from carnival. However, I have read reviews of people saying they enjoyed opening their balconies and they listed rooms that were not on the fact sheet as being connected balconies. I think there is a way for all of them to be opened (if they need to clean), but it could create obstructions like blocking a door or portion of your view. Being my first time on the Magic, I wasn't going to chance it and went with what was written. I have asked this to a few CSRs and they all have said that's a really good question, but no one has ever asked that which I can hardly believe.

nware411 is exactly correct. ALL balcony dividers can be opened. I have seen it done for cleaning on every ship I have sailed. The issue is if they can be secured in the open position. If the door way to the balcony would be blocked it will not be opened and secured.

If someone want to be sure they can have the divider opened it would be best to go with the information on provided in the fact sheet on GoCCL.